XVI. Nightmares Turn Into Dreams

Chapter 16, Nightmares Turn Into Dreams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        " You can't tell dad about this song, I don't wanna die yet. "

    ~ Scarlett's POV ~

         It was finally my favorite time of the year, Halloween!
   As I got up from my bed and walked to my bathroom, excitement rushed through me as I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

    Although I didn't have a good memory of this day, it didn't mean I wouldn't have any room to make new one to destroy the old and bad ones.
   Besides, pretty much nothing could ruin my day nor could anything ruin my mood since I've seen through all of it.

   I practically am the embodiment of been there, done that.
  Not a flex, that's for sure but at least I don't have to be surprised if something happened tonight and I have already went through it.

   When I came out of my bathroom, I walked to my closet and grabbed my costume, everyone had their own house to wear.
  I was going as Ravenclaw, Xiomara's a Gryffindor, Delilah is a Slytherin and Kylee's a Hufflepuff.

    We watched several tutorials on how to perfect our makeup that would be coordinating with our outfits, but since it was still very early, I just walked downstairs and plopped down on the couch.
   Other than spending time with Atlantis, I had nothing to do with the time I have.

   So, I walked upstairs and into the nursery.
I picked up my brother and walked downstairs with him, setting him down in his crib that was beside the couch.

   "What are we in the mood to watch Atlas?"

  I questioned the sleeping newborn who was comfortable in his crib, I took the soft snores that left his mouth as a 'Let's watch Peppa Pig."
   So that's what I put on and that's what stood on until he started to cry, it was breakfast for him anyways.

   As I lifted him up from his crib, I walked to the kitchen and grabbed his bottle from the fridge.
  His eyes were open and glaring at me, I put the bottle in the microwave and began to sway around with him in my arms.

   When the bottle was ready, I tasted it out to make sure it wasn't too hot nor too cold.
  Then I gave it to him, holding it of course because he's still tiny and doesn't know how to hold anything but my hair.

    After he finished his bottle, I grabbed a blanket and placed it on my shoulder before burping him.
   I didn't need any baby puke on me, that was something that was not cute even if his noises were adorable.

    "What if, I sang you a song that I'm planning on recording and releasing to the public?"

   Yes, I know he's a baby and can't accept nor deny my question but it didn't hurt to ask.
  Who knows, maybe he can give me a death glare as a no and a smile as a yes, we'll never know.

    As I sat him in his crib and quickly ran upstairs to grab my notebook, I smiled at the sight of him smiling at me when I came back downstairs.
   I grabbed him from the crib and placed him on the couch before putting pillows around him, I opened the notebook and flipped to the page where I wanted to see.

   "Okay, this song is called... Nightmares Turn Into Dreams, I wrote this song about my boyfriend who you've met before."

    I looked at my brother who smiled at me, he doesn't know who Jaden is yet.
  Atlas only knows he met him, well he only knows a blob with with hair held him and promised him that he was gonna learn baseball.

   "Even if we weren't together, I'd have you in my mind forever. You are someone I could never forget, baby I want the love just like Romeo and Juliet."

   I didn't have my guitar so, my voice just sounded like I was voice acting considering I turned the TV low.
   I cleared my throat a bit to sing the next line, I was really cheesy today.

   "If the world was crashing down, baby with you, I just know I'm found. I wouldn't care what anyone says, cause if I'm with you, I know I'm blessed."

   God, that was a cringe line but now I had to singe the chorus.
  Yeah, it just hit me now that I'm singing a love song about my boyfriend to my baby brother who probably just wanted his Naptime but hr can fall asleep to this song if he wanted, nobody's stopping him.

   Except me, if he falls asleep, I'm putting him in the orphanage.
   Just kidding... No, no I'm not.

  "My nightmares Turn into Dreams, surprisingly, I don't know what to say."

     A smile crept onto my lips and I was now grinning like some idiot, I just looked at the ground and chuckled to myself at the memories I have created with Jaden.
   Then again, we did have our bad moments but we came back and that's all that mattered, right?

   "Maybe if you kiss me tonight, I'll find a way to make the bad things in my head go away."

     I trailed off after the lyric when my phone kept buzzing, I looked over and rolled my eyes playfully as I was being spammed by Xiomara.
  But if I'm being honest, I didn't even realize that the time passed.

   So I messaged back and then grabbed my baby brother, as I walked into the nursery and laid him down in his crib where he rests.
  I kissed his forehead and smiled at him, pulling the small blanket over his tiny body.

  " You can't tell dad about this song, I don't wanna die yet. "

   I chuckled at my own sentence and grabbed my phone, I closed his door on my way out.