Chapter 21 | Mask Slipping

𝗜 𝗗𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗔𝗡 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗡𝗢𝗥 (𝗬/𝗡)

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 21 | Mask Slipping

⥤⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⥢

    ⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

.

.

.

.

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

.

.

.

.

I am still alive and writing this fic. Just in case you thought I had ghosted this account lol

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

Cool winds blew on the battlefield as brown eyes stared into (e/c) ones. They were locked, as if ready to catch the slightest movement. Waiting for the other to make the move.

"It's so tense.." Manta whispered to himself. The match hadn't even started yet, and (Y/n) and Yoh were staring each other down. There was no hostility in their gazes, it was as if they were having a conversation that no one could hear.

"That's expected. They care for each other very much, but they still have to fight," A voice beside Manta commented.

"...Who are you?"

"Ah, I'm Lumi. The girl (Y/n)-chan and Anna-chan bumped into at the train station."

Manta stared at her for a moment. "Nothing can surprise me at this point."

"I suppose so. The world is full of surprises," Lumi agreed. "I was passing by and decided to watch. This is the last match of the preliminary rounds, after all."

"Y-Yeah.."

"Ten seconds left, huh," Yoh said quietly after glancing at his Oracle Bell. He activated his Oversoul, the orange flames blazing.

"Yeah," (Y/n) activated her own Oversoul, the white flames blazing as well.

"Let's have a good match."

"Agreed, Ni-san."

(Y/n) got into a stance. In that sudden moment, her eyes narrowed and flashed into (f/c), before flashing back to (e/c) as she took a deep breath.

𝐄𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 ||ꜱʜᴀᴍᴀɴ ᴋɪɴɢ|| Tao RenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara