3.

As the cheers of my engagement grew louder, I felt as if I was a time bomb.

"They will make wonderful pups." One of the ministers commented.

"Haha, if she lives that long. He might kill their pups too." A lady said, snickering coldly.

"Hey, she'll hear us. We'll get in trouble." Another said.

Too late.

Growing angrier by the second, I try to take some deep breaths to keep my emotions down.

This was crazy!

I cannot believe I'm marrying a complete psychopath!

Fay, who was clenching my gown tightly, gave my hand a squeeze. This brought me back to reality, my anger dissipated.

"I know you're mad... please don't be mad. I'm here!" She reassured me, her cheeks puffing out as she blushed.

How can I be mad after seeing something like that?

Smiling, I softly caressed my little sisters head. "I'm fine. Thank you, Fay. Can you stay with father for a bit? I'm going to grab some drinks and cool off."

She tilted her head, nodding at me. Her hand soon released my gown and hand before she held my father's hand.

My dad looked at me in questioning, but I only rolled my eyes at him.

'I'm going to calm down. I'll be back in a bit. That's the least you could do for me right now.' I mind linked him.

And he stayed silent.

But honestly, I had preferred it that way. I wasn't sure if I could handle if he said no.

***

Seating by the bar, I was drinking water and some shots of vodka and rum.

Adding some lemonade as I tried to brainstorm.

No one even knows what King Oberon looks like. As far as I know, he was forced to wear a mask at a very young age. As soon as he was older, he was forced to wear a helmet. Everyone who was alive back then was killed when he rose to the throne, so no one knows what he looked like.

Many people say that his face was scarred or that he was so hideous looking, others would die from staring. Apparently, his face was one where no mother could ever love.

King Oberon was the child of a prostitute. The king had ordered Oberon, who was a child at the time, to come to the palace. From what I know, his mother disappeared.

No one knows where she is.

I heard rumors that she's dead or that she abandoned her child because of how hideous he was.

When news came out, Queen Reyes was outraged. That being said, he was still of royal blood but was considered a outcast.

There's not much said about what happened then.

All we know is that Oberon was never shown and was often kept away from the public eye.

I sighed, trying to remember more about my fiancé. I'm sure I could go to the library archives to do more research about him. Since I'm really getting married to this man, I need to be prepared for the worst outcome. Secondly, an escape. Maybe he doesn't want the marriage anymore than I do.