04 | New friend

Zayden

Zayden

Aliyia looked so unreal. It shocked me how someone could be so gorgeous.

I could easily tell she has social anxiety so I try not to make her too uncomfortable.

I wanted to sit next to her in math but I knew she would probably get all nervous around me.

I did notice all the people staring and judging her. I even overheard a conversation about her.

One of the girls was saying how the nervousness didn't suit her. The other was judging her outfit and saying she wasn't showing enough skin.

I don't understand how people are so quick to judge a person they do not know. Well in some cases.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Aliyia

Math was finally over. I couldn't stand another minute of those girls desperately arching their backs trying to make their asses bigger so boys could notice them.

I thank Ms. Hale as I'm walking out the door and start looking for my next class.

While I'm walking I make eye contact with one of the girls who kept judging me from head to toe.

I try avoiding her but the stuck-up opens her damn mouth.

"Hey you, new girl!" She calls out.

I turn and face her and see her and her friends with their judgemental eyes scanning me.

"We're gonna need you to back off," she says.

Now they are desperately trying to start shit because I just got here and they're telling me to back off from God knows what.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I shrug.

Like I'm not even kidding, I seriously don't know what these attention seekers are looking to gain right now.

"You know very well you were hitting on Zayden in class."

Yup, saying shit for no reason.

"Um, I wasn't? I'm sorry where did you get that from" I say trying to have an attitude but trying to sound genuine at the same time.

"When Ms. Hale called you two up, you got way too close to him for my liking. And you two walked into class together, could it be any more obvious?" She crosses her arms.

Yes, it's official, I am going to kill myself on the first day of school.

"Listen, I don't know who you are or what your business is with him but let me tell you something, I have nothing to do with him and I don't need your judgmental ass going around and talking shit. Please keep your mouth closed and keep my name out of your mouth. I want nothing to do with you at all, I'm just trying to pass my first day of school and you are really pissing me off." I let it out.

All she could do was scoff and give me that annoying look again.

Not wanting to deal with her any longer I walk past the people who came in and watched and make my way to my next class. Oh great, I'm gonna be known as the girl who talked back to the popular girl."

I sat down at the very back of my English class. A few moments later a brunette girl came and sat beside me. She was really beautiful.

She had long beautiful brown hair, green eyes that shined bright, and just perfect features.

"Oh my gosh new girl I just want to say I saw what you said to Kayla and I immediately fell in love with you. Nobody ever puts her or her little crew in their places and them seeing you do that really struck them because it rarely happens. Anyways I'm Tate and I want to be your best fucking friend."

That was a lot of words. It almost flew past my head but I managed to understand it.

"Wow, I'm Aliyia" I greet her.

"Okay, that is the best fucking name I've ever heard. That's it we are officially best friends now" she says playing with one of the rings on her finger.

Never thought I'd make a friend like that but I'll take it. Oh sorry I mean 'Best friend'

I catch myself laughing a little bit as she started engaging in a conversation with me. It felt nice to genuinely speak to someone new who isn't my family, or those mean girls, or Zayden.

Tate seemed like the type to be quite rude to strangers but she was a genuinely nice person.

I explained to her about my moving situation and other things in my life, forgetting to pay attention in class.

"And that'll be your homework for today's class" the teacher announces and dismisses us.

Tate and I just look at each other and immediately start laughing. We were too engaged in a conversation to pay attention in class.

Tate was surely an extrovert so I'm hoping she could just ask someone what we had to do in that class. Soon we were off to different classes and were separated.

My first official friend in the city.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Authors Note

I tried making this chapter a little shorter. But maybe in the future, it won't be too short. Let me know which chapters you prefer. Short or Long?