Chapter 1

⚠️VIOLENT CONTENT AHEAD⚠️

FAI'S POV

"Fight!!! Fight!! Fight!!" the crowd chants. I wipe the blood off the corner of my lips before getting back up.

"Is that all u got?" I scoff, challenging the boy in front of me.

Aiden Romano.

The bane of my existence.

"You're asking for it, Zhen" Aiden warns through gritted teeth. Drops of blood were trickling down the side of his forehead.

"Just like your mom did last night" I smirk.

"You son of a bitch" he roars, charging at me. He swings his arm at my face, but I grab it and twist, making him wince in pain. I knew he was getting frustrated.

Aiden Romano does not like to lose.

Especially not to me.

I've known him my entire life, and not once has he ever succeeded in not being a pain in the ass. He is cocky, arrogant and a grade 'A' douchebag, yet somehow, he manages to charm people into thinking otherwise. I'm the only one who sees through his act.

Girls worship him, especially because he's the quarterback and the captain of the football team. He was the only reason I steered clear of football and tried out for the swim team instead. We nearly killed each other as co-captains of our high school football team.

After a point, I realized that the best way to deal with the demon is to just ignore him. I call that maturity, but I guess the universe had other plans.

He kicks the back of my knee, making me stumble forward, loosing my balance. Aiden takes this opportunity to shove me away.

"You're dead" he growls. I duck, dodging a punch. I waste no time in kicking the pit off his stomach. He curls up like a shrimp, clutching his stomach in pain.

But I wasn't done.

I drop to the ground, trying to swipe his feet. Aiden quickly jumps, dodging it. When I get back up, my face meets a powerful blow.

"Fuck"

Is that ringing I hear?

I really don't know how and when our rivalry began. Back in kindergarten, it was about crayons and stuff. In middle school, it was about academics. In high school, it was football and now, it's women. No matter what I try, Aiden was always there trying to outdo me.

I send my foot to his face, but he grabs it with both of his hands. Before I could react, he uses his feet to swipe my other leg off the floor. I fall to the ground, my back hitting the concrete with a loud thud.

God I hate him.

I hastily grab his legs, yanking him down with me. We roll around on the ground for a few minutes, throwing punches and kicks at each other. I was vexed, he was blocking all of my hits.

Is Aiden stronger than me?

Maybe.. we'll never know.

But does he have a signature move that's gonna make him win this fight?

No.

I snake my arms around his neck, grabbing him in a merciless headlock. He tries to pry my hands away, but they don't budge. I see his face turning bright red and smirk.

"Can't breathe?" I sneer. "You know, you should really think befo-"

THUMP

He elbows my head.