Chapter 13: Leash Your Attack Dog

𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑
Griffin POV

I would rather mix bleach and rubbing alcohol on the stove at home if it meant that I didn't have to come to this party.

Ever since Joshua and Kendric became so adamant on hosting a small party in celebration of Parker's eighteenth birthday, I spent the entire week wishing on stars and crossing my fingers that they would cancel it.

Unfortunately for me, they neither cancelled it or kept it small.

The shitty thing about our school is that everyone loves Parker and a good party, especially when alcohol is involved. Word gets around fast as fuck, especially when Kendric and his big mouth are involved.

I'm certain that there was only supposed to be thirty people here at Joshua's parents' beach house, however as I walk downstairs from the bathroom with a drink in my hand and scan the packed living room, I'll make an educated guess and assume that there's over one hundred and fifty people crammed in here. At the very least.

A hint of Tito's burns my throat with the next sip, and I scrunch my nose as the Coca-Cola I mixed it with sends carbonation bubbles up my nasal passage. I can't even enjoy my drink, for fucks sake.

People are hovering on the staircase, using it as their Grand Central Station for conversations, however it quickly turns into the Red Sea. There must be a certain look on my face because the second that people see me coming, they scatter out of my path. This always happens; even at concerts, grocery stores, school hallways.

The music becomes considerably louder as I reach the main living space and walk over to the bar room. There's a whole assortment of people crowded in the living room, singing and dancing with the Flo Rida song that's bumping the speakers. An entire channel is flowing in and out of the back door and there's cliques gathered at every corner, screaming at each other to be heard over the noise. Floorboards shake under my feet. The smell of sweat, sticky beer, and vanilla scented wall plug-ins burn my nose.

The entire moment is chaos. If I didn't have as much alcohol as I currently do in my system, this party would be too much for my senses.

And to think that this is all for Parker, that undeserving cunt.

I haven't seen him since I pulled in earlier, parked next to his car, said hey, then we went our separate ways. Actually, I could've sworn that I saw Miles pull him into a dark hallway, but that was over an hour ago.

My blood simmers as I turn into the bar and partially run over a short blonde girl, ignoring her sound of protest. Imagine attending a party that's thrown just for you, and decide to waste it by getting railed over a bathroom sink. They can do that shit literally any other day in the week.

This time when I throw back the rest of my drink, I don't feel the burn. All of my muscles are numb, including my brain. But if I'm still thinking about my dumbass cousin, then I'm obviously not drunk enough. I grab a bottle off of the counter and pour more vodka in my cup.

"Griffin! Jesus, I thought that you didn't come!" Kendric exclaims and stumbles over, slapping his hands down on the counter before he can fall face forward onto it. Correction: if I'm not as drunk as Kendric, then I'm definitely not drinking enough.

I make him wait for my response, taking a moment to splash half a can of Coca Cola in the cup. "Why wouldn't I? It's not like you have enough fucking people here."