How You Met

MONIKA

You had made it a usual routine of yours to make excuses to run into her. Dropping a pen in her path or just walking by in the halls but it never seemed to work in your favor.

The forces of nature would always have you go unnoticed by her.

You didn't have it in you to actually walk up to her and talk because of how swarmed she was with her friends and admirers. Deep down you told yourself that you could never be on such a level to even look at her let alone talk but you were so intrigued by her that you wanted to try...

Little did you know that she was very aware of you.

Aware of your presence and your attempts to interact with her, she found it extremely cute, so after a few days of purposely not approaching you she went for the kill.

At lunch you found yourself eating alone in a class room where Monika suddenly barged in.

Monika: Oh~! I'm sorry I didn't know someone was here...I hope you don't mind mhmhmhm~

Y/N: I-I...uh! No, it's totally fine... please.

You yelled 'please' as in to stay as long as she wanted but Monika saw this as an invitation to sit with you specifically as she joined a desk next to yours and happily sat down.

You were left flabbergasted by the situation you were in that you barely spoke.

Monika: Is this where you usually eat? I'm not trying to judge you or anything, but why where?

Y/N: Ahh...It's nothing...I just eat alone because I don't want to bother anyone else.

Monika: Bother anyone else? Why would you be bothering anyone?

Y/N: I-I'm not going around doing it on purpose or anything! People just... don't want me around or something-

Monika said nothing, she just stared at you for a short while before she began eating her lunch.

Monika: So, got any friends~?

The girl was really testing your tolerance, watching the smallest of reactions from you with a hidden smirk as you groan at the question.

Y/N: No....but what about you?

Monika: Hm?

Y/N: You have alot of friends, why are you here?

Monika: Why do you know how many friends I have?

Y/N: Well...! Uhhh, come on. You're the most popular girl in the school. I thought it'd be safe to assume you had some company everywhere you go.

Monika: Mhmhmhm~ Well you're not exactly wrong but I just wanted to get away from it all. A bit of peace and quiet is a need of mine lately.

Monika responded but then turned to face you with a rather smug smile.

M: Besides~ I already have good enough company right now, don't I?

Now in a flustered mess you did your best to act like you didn't hear her and chow down on your food.

She laughed aloud at your behavior and soon sparked up a teaseful conversation which you slowly became used to and enjoyed.

And thus began one small conversation that would eventually spark into a new bond which you never expected to make with someone so special.

YURI