6. (Part 2)

Later that night...

10:47 p.m.

Omniscient

Omniscient

"Why are you up my love muffin? Hm?" Antoinette asked as she, Karla, and Charmaine all looked down into 3-month-old Shyanne's crib.

They'd been downstairs with Shiloh and his friends when Shyanne woke up. It didn't take all 3 women to check on her, but after learning that Shiloh had blackened Antoinette's eye, it was hard sitting in his face tonight. The women had promised not to say anything about it, but it was killing Karla to hold her tongue. She wanted nothing more than to defend her friend and crack something over Shiloh's head. Nobody knew her better than Charmaine and Antoinette. For that reason, they'd been keeping a close eye on her all night and barely let her drink. She already didn't give a damn sober, and alcohol would only add to it.

"Hi, niecey pooh." Charmaine smiled down at Shyanne as she lightly pinched her cheeks. Shyanne returned the smile as she kicked her little feet. She was fully awake, and there was no chance of her going back to sleep anytime soon because she'd been asleep most of the day. "Ann, this baby is the spitting image of you."

"Thank GOD," Karla said, pacing the room back and forth. It was obvious that she was still very much bothered and wasn't going to let up on Shiloh. Ann didn't know how much longer Karla could hold her tongue, but she prayed that she didn't say anything about what she'd confided in her and Charmaine about.

"Karla please..." Antoinette sighed as Charmaine handed her a fresh diaper to put on Shyanne.

"Please what? That muthafucka hit you, Ann!" Karla snapped as she stopped pacing the room.

"Keep your voice down. He'll hear you." Antoinette said lowly. After tossing the dirty diaper into the trash and placing the new one on Shyanne, she picked her up. It was time to feed her and as of now, that was her only concern. She understood Karla's frustration, but she didn't need the drama tonight, nor did she want Shiloh to know she'd told. She could only imagine the beating she'd get if he knew she was telling their business. If she'd tell about that there was no doubt that he'd think she'd tell about the bank robbery. Karla and Charmaine thought that this was the first time he'd ever hit her. Little did they know he was putting her through pure hell.