9. (Part 1)

The next day...

Wednesday | 1:40 p.m.
November 30, 2016

Omniscient

"Oh yes, honey. This is definitely something you might as well get ready to pay for." Ann said, stepping out of the dressing room. Shiloh slowly looked her from head to toe as he placed his hand on Shyanne's back who was strapped to his chest in the baby carrier.

"I'm paying for the shoes too, huh?" He lightly chuckled.

"I hope you didn't think I was," Ann said, going back into the dressing room. "Of course, if you would've just left me some cash to go shopping myself, you wouldn't have to sit here wasting your lunch hour here shopping with me. I see you still don't trust me enough to put a significant amount of money in my hand. And I think you should cancel the whole little playdate with the guys Saturday. Why should I wait to go get the new car that I truly deserve."

"You do know that I have to be back to work at 2 right?" Shiloh asked, listening to Shyanne coo against his chest.

"You do know that you don't have to stay, right?" Antoinette answered his question with a question, walking out of the dressing room after changing out of the clothes she'd tried on. "You met me here at the store to pay for whatever I wanted, when you could've simply just given me some stacks back at the house before you left for work. You asked me how could you make things up to me and honey this is just the tip of the iceberg." She cupped his face, moving his head from side to side as she smirked up at him.

He had no idea what he was in for by asking her what he could do to make up for his wrongdoings. The two of them had agreed to meet at a clothing store of Antoinette's choice on his lunch break so that he could pay for the things she wanted. He could've easily just given her an unlimited amount of cash, but he didn't trust her not to take their daughter and run off after everything he'd done. Antoinette felt that it was her turn to be pampered and spoiled and if she was going to continue keeping his secret about the stolen money, then he was going to spend it on whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. His secret came at a price, and she was letting him know it. Shiloh didn't recognize this woman. He was used to the pushover, but last night he'd basically granted her power.

He was a man who wasn't afraid of anything, but last night when Charmaine had popped up and stayed at the party, he found himself sweating bullets the whole night. Every time she opened her mouth to Antoinette, he thought she'd reveal that they'd been fucking around. Showing him the pregnancy test last night confirmed that somebody was pregnant, but Shiloh still didn't believe it was Charmaine since she wouldn't take it in front of him. He needed to get to the bottom of this quickly, and the more he thought about it, the sooner it needed to be done. Instead of going back to work, he was going to tell his boss that he needed the rest of the day off. Whatever his boss wanted to do about that was his business because Shiloh was already set financially...for now.