Visiting the Set of TGHNN

Visiting The Set of TGHNN

Hello my lovely dreamers! In this chapter, I'll be telling you about my experience in visiting the set of The Girl He Never Noticed. My impressions and observations in seeing the production process and on how they brought the book and the characters to life.

In Singapore, we had a scheduled set visit of The Girl He Never Noticed, arranged by my Wattpad Creator Manager, Ryan, in coordination with Mediacorp. Every time we visited the set, Greys, manager from Mediacorp, would fetch us and a driver drove us back to the hotel.

During our first visit, which was at Eros Petrakis' penthouse, we entered the cast's dressing room first. It was an enormous bedroom with a king-sized bed and an aesthetic bathroom. I remember there were vast mirrors everywhere. Rack of clothes in one corner with tags of the cast's names.

 Rack of clothes in one corner with tags of the cast's names

Ryan, Nicole, and I stayed in the room for a while, waiting for the set to finish the scene that they were shooting. It did not take long; a crew invited us to go inside and meet Beatrice, the director/producer of the TV series.

It overwhelmed me with joy at seeing Beatrice in person, because we only met on a video call. She was very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. She showed us the set, then the two of us sat on the couch and talked about the story. We shared things like how I came up with the story, my inspiration, working as a writer, and other stuff. She told me how they cast the actors and actresses, made the script, found the right locations for the set, and other things. She was overjoyed when I gave her a copy of my book.

We stayed for a few hours, watching the shooting and quietly took photos and videos behind the scenes.

I observed, all were very professional. Everyone took their jobs seriously.

Beatrice did a run-through of the scene to be shot. She observed the actors on how they would act in the scene before the camera started rolling.

When the camera rolled, it was very solemn. You could hear a pin drop. I could still remember vividly, the director's assistants would shout, "everyone quiet on the set. Camera. Sound. Rolling, one, two, three... action!"