My Cameo in the TV/Digital Series

My Cameo in the TV Series

My cameo in The Girl He Never Noticed happened on my second set visit. It was at the Petrakis Shipping Company, where I played one of the receptionists. You can find me in Episode 3, after Jade stormed out of Eros' office, looking so upset. Yes, I have a scene with Jade, and also got a close up shot!

When Ryan, my Wattpad Creator Manager, informed me that I have a cameo as a receptionist in the TV series, I was so excited, that on that same day, I prepared the clothes that I would use in my scene. I bought a black business suit and white shirt to project as a legit employee of the Petrakis Shipping Company. I also practiced my facial expressions in front of the mirror, having fun conveying different emotions - happy, laughing, sad, scared, lonely, flirting and serious.

Fast forward to the day I had my cameo, I woke up early, took a bath and did extra care with my hair by putting more conditioner to keep it shiny and healthy looking, then blowing it dry. I ate plenty of carbs for breakfast to have more energy on the set.

Greys, one of the managers of Mediacorp, fetched me and Nicole at the hotel. Then the driver took us to the city center where the shoot took place. We entered a very huge high rise building and rode the elevator up to the top floor, to where Eros' Office was.

At that moment, I felt like I was actually in the Petrakis' building and going up to Eros's Office. When the elevator opened, I saw the big sign, PETRAKIS SHIPPING COMPANY, instantly, I had goosebumps. It was like being transported inside the book.

The set was really like an office of the Petrakis. Pictures of ships plastered on the walls, the Petrakis logo printed at the front of the receptionists tables, memorabilias and picture frames inside Eros' office. There were many cameras scattered in the area, so that brought me back easily to reality.

The Production team prepared me on the set. I already had my business suit on, so a celebrity stylist did my hair and makeup, making me fit for the role of a receptionist of the Petrakis Shipping Company.

In about fifteen minutes, I was ready. I went to the spot where I would do my scene and met Ebi Shankara, who played Donovan, the personal bodyguard f Eros. We talked about the book, ourselves, and random stuff, until Marco Gumabao, who played Eros, joined us. The two gorgeous guys made me feel at ease in the set.

Beatrice, the director, had me seated at the reception table, then instructed me on what to do. She told me how to act, by showing me her facial expression, and I assured her that I could do it.

It was a surprised facial expression that transformed into awe or admiration for Jade. It was easy, right? That's what I thought too. But when the camera started rolling, I could not express the emotions on my face anymore, that I turned into a bitch, haha. Acting is really not for me.

Still, I'm very happy. I feel so honored and grateful that Mediacorp/Stardust Story gave me a cameo, and Wattpad was very supportive of the process, making it happen. My heart is so full for the wonderful treatment and support that I received from these awesome huge companies. I will always treasure this amazing experience for the rest of my life.

Here's my cameo of the series. Do you think I'll have a career in acting :D

If you haven't watched The Girl He Never Noticed yet, here's the link on Drama-Mediacorp YouTube Channel. Last 4 episodes will be on October 4.

See you next Wednesday for another chapter of my writer room. I'll be sharing more behind the scenes photos and videos of The Girl He Never Noticed.

It's a date!