forty six

BEAUTIFUL MESS

BEAUTIFUL MESS.
chapter forty six.

HUNTER GROANED AS SHE looked ahead at the chemically induced blue fire, "Cap, that's a bright one," Chimney observed

Eddie sighed as he adjusted his mask, "I'd put my money on magnesium."

That wasn't a good sign, a chemical fire was a tricky thing to deal with— especially when you weren't a hundred percent sure what the substance was.

"Chim, we're on him," Cap called out as Hunter walked past the man laying on the ground towards the truck, "Hunt, Eddie, Buck, check the driver. Everybody else, this entire tunnel is an exclusion zone. Keep people away. Go, go, go!

"Cap, he's pinned. I gotta go to the other side," Eddie called, quickly trying to rush there.

"Okay," Bobby said, nodding before speaking into his radio, "This is Captain Nash on scene at 2nd Street. We have a magnesium fire that is reactive to water. I need a liquid nitrogen truck dispatched immediately."

"What are we looking at, Eddie?"

"He's not impaled or anything, but we're gonna need a jackhammer.

Hunter shook her head, "There's no time for that," she said while eyeing the fire burning in the back of the truck and then looking down at her meter, the temperature steadily increasing "This magnesium's starting to burn real hot. We gotta get him out of here soon."

The whirling of the saw filled Hunter's ears but it wasn't getting them anywhere, "Saw's not gonna cut it. "

The driver groaned and yelled in pain, Cap came closer as he tried to distract him but it wasn't working very well. "You need to get out of here," the driver groaned out, he wasn't but there wasn't anyways any of those firefighters would willingly leave him there to die.

"Sir, it's okay. We are gonna get you out of this truck."

"No. That's not the only thing there."

Hunter shared a look of confusion with Buck who was standing tall next to her, "What else is back there, Ernest?"