Chapter Seven | Jumping Over Fears

The first week of our vacation was almost coming to an end

The first week of our vacation was almost coming to an end. So when Cole suggested last night, as we were having dinner at the restaurant where Leah was working, to stay an extra week I gladly agreed.

Leah was happy to hear that and I couldn't hide my enthusiasm as I kissed Leah goodnight before leaving her at the restaurant. We agreed that we were going to meet the next day after she finished her morning shift. She said she has a surprise for me. My gut feeling is telling me that it would be one of her secret dares for me.

I was lounging on the beach by the villa. The ocean was lying before me and the sound of the waves washing over the shore was putting me into sleep.

"Are we going to pick up Leah from the restaurant today as well?" Cole asked as he lounged on the chair next to me.

"Yes." I murmured, my eyes were still closed.

"Don't you find it weird?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him

"I mean, we keep picking Leah from the restaurant and dropping her there. It's as if she is living there." He explained

I opened my eyes and peeked at him. My mind was wandering to the times we collected and dropped Leah at the restaurant, which happened to be most of the time. Well, it was slightly weird but the only reasonable explanation was what Leah had offered.

"She said she has to work late there to help her boss with the books." I offered

Cole shrugged noncommittally but still I could see that he was not convinced.

"She is nice and cool. I really like her." Cole said

"But.."

"But, I feel like she is hiding something."

I sat up in my chair and rested my arms on my knees. I looked at the ocean before me and trained my eyes on Jane who was swimming not too far from where we were seated. She looked different from the girl I fell in love with all these times ago. My thoughts drifted to Leah and there was a feeling of comfort and challenge she was able to conjure when I was around her. It was beyond comprehension how in a very short period of time I was able to feel all these feelings for someone who was a total stranger for me. But, I felt like I knew her. I felt like I had met Leah somewhere in time and we had a pact that no matter how long it would take us to meet each other again, we would still let our souls feel the love we both swore to grow and water until it became again a deeply rooted tree.

"I don't care." I confessed to Cole, "I truly don't care what she is hiding."

Cole smiled and nodded, then closed his eyes. I cleared my throat as I looked at him. He opened one eye and looked at me in anticipation, waiting for me to talk. There was this one topic we needed to talk about in the open.

"So," I dragged for a moment, as Cole watched me curiously, "What's up with you and Farah?" I finally asked.

Cole exhaled loudly and scratched his chin, "That!" he said.