Chapter Fourteen | The Bet

I have learned this summer that being in love is not supposed to be measured with time

I have learned this summer that being in love is not supposed to be measured with time. After all love is an emotion; and emotions are not only amplified through hours and minutes. They are, also, meant to be felt in the moment. They can overtake your senses and body. They would turn summer blues into a field of wild floors and green pine trees, where mother nature teaches you to embrace yourself and your feelings. Where it teaches you to open your heart to the moment and live life like an ocean; never stagnant, always moving in waves and tides.

That's how I felt after spending last night with Leah. I felt this unstoppable feeling, like I could be more than I was allowing myself to be. It wasn't just that we slept together, it was more than that. I was able to be an open book with Leah, she read through me with ease. I had Cole, Farah, and Jane to talk to in the past and I still had this with Cole and Farah but what I was having with Leah was deeper than that. We were building more than a bridge between us, we were creating our own world.

And, the ability to have Leah so close to me like I had last night, showed me that the physical act of connecting with someone was more than sexual gratification, it was like discovering yourself once again along with getting to discover another person; to learn about their silent needs, unsaid promises, and hidden secrets. And, I knew that Leah was feeling the same. I have seen it in her eyes, read it on her lips, and felt it in her touch.

Leah was driving as I watched her. We left Megapetra Cliff three hours ago and we were not too far from the villa.

"Truth." I said, watching Leah's every move, her hands on the wheel, her eyes on the road, and her hair dancing in the summer breeze.

She turned her head to look at me briefly, then turned around to watch the road.

"Dreams are worthy when they remain dreams even when they come true." She said

I repeated her words in my head over and over again, my eyes were still watching her. She glanced at me for a short moment before she looked back to the road.

Dreams are worthy when they remain dreams even when they come true, that's a revealing statement. To still believe in your dreams, enjoy them, and still want more out of them even after they came ture was indeed something to look for in life.

"And, yesterday ... Last night was a dream that remained a dream." Leah whispered

I leaned in toward Leah and placed a kiss on her neck, then I rested my hand on her head, moving my fingers in circles.

"I hope you're not being sarcastic and in reality you're making fun of me." I teased her

She laughed as she shook her head, "Believe me if I was making fun of you, you would know."

"Oh! I know." I laughed

We were at the villa at around 12 pm. We found everyone on the beach having barbecued fish for lunch. Jane and Mike were there too. I could feel Jane's eyes on me and Leah as we joined them after we had a quick shower.