Chapter 13: repair

Chiara pulled in front of a shop before opening the car door to get out

"Where are you going?" I asked

"Into that shop we need some shit" she called over her shoulder as she began to walk.

She walked into the shop before returning to the car roughly five minutes later.

The rest of the ride back to the motel  was silent other then my pained grunts and her checking I hadn't passed out.

We pulled in front of the motel and we both got out of the car and began to make our way in.

Chiara strutted confidently and I hobbled a few steps behind her.

She pulled the keys out of her pocket and unlocked the door to the dusky room.

The room was ugly as fuck.

It's how a grandma would decorate.

Except my grandma wouldn't because I would actually disown her.

Fucking floral bedsheets and smoke stained curtains.

At least it was clean.

Chiara laid a towel on the bed before nodding her head from me to the towel "sit"

"What?"

"Sit there and let me sort your arm out" she commanded.

Oh how I love it when you boss me around.

No.

"No it's ok, you don't have to I can do it" I replied

"No.sit. You took care of me when I was hurt so now I will do the same for you" she let out a sigh "so sit".

You don't have to tell me twice.

Yes she did.

I slowly walked over to the bed and sat.

The room was dimly lit by a small lamp on one of the bedsides.

Chiara brought the bag out and started pulling out the first aid items she got from the shop. Placing them bedside me.

I followed her every move and found myself jolting back as she started to unbutton my shirt "what are you doing?"

"I need to take your shirt off to get to your wound because you have long sleeves. Or did you forget the part where you were shot?" She rolled her eyes humorously.

"Right" I muttered.

I felt my heart thumping as she continued to unbutton my shirt and the thumping only grew worse when I felt her soft fingers graze my bare skin as she slid it off my body.

Her eyes lingered on my body before she shook her head and walked back to the bag pulling out a bottle of whisky.

She returned, opening the bottle and taking a few swigs before handing it to me, and I did the same.