Library

Normally when you think of a library, you think of books on shelves, computers, and people working on homework. I'm currently being a stalker, and watching the girl I like flip through a book sitting at a table. I'm too much of a wimp to go talk to her, and she looks so invested in her book. Her soft brown hair is tied up in a bun today, her glasses make her eyes look so beautiful. The green and blue go well against the green and black frames. 

"She's adorable." I mumbled to myself. 

"What was that?" I nearly jumped out of my skin, I had forgotten I had brought James with me to 'study.' 

"I didn't say anything." I cleared my throat and he followed my line of view. 

"You keep staring at her like that Xav, and the librarian is gonna think you're a kidnapper or something." James said and wrote down some notes from his textbook. 

"I'm not gonna kidnap her." I hissed. 

"I can already see it," James moved his hands as if he were presenting something and stood up. "Xavier Knight, kidnaps girl he's madly in love with." He smirked when I felt my face warm and I ducked behind my textbook. 

"Shut up. I already said I'm not gonna kidnap her. I just think she's attractive." I said. His jaw went slack and sighed. He pinched his nose and took a deep breath. 

"You come to this library, the one that's farthest away from your house just to see her, and you never do any actual homework." James waved his arms around and let out a frustrated sigh as he slumped back into his chair. I tried to shrink behind my textbook hoping the floor would swallow me whole. He was right, I purposely dragged him to this specific library just so I could be creepy and watch her expressions change when the story got good, or sad, or really intense. 

"I'm gonna get her number for you since you can't seem to do it." James stood from his chair and that's when I realized my mistake. He never gets someone's number for them unless he gets something out of it. I tried to stop him but it was too late he was already at his table, she was already staring at me, and my reputation, dreams, and a future with her were thrown at the window. Along with my pride. 

"Excuse me." I wanted to crawl into the floor when I peeked back over my textbook and saw her staring at me, with those beautiful eyes of hers. 

"Yes?" It came out as more of a squeak and I felt like my whole face had gone red. So much for masculinity. 

"I heard you wanted my number." Her voice was soft and she looked so cute. I shot a glare at James and slowly nodded at her. 

"Yeah, and can I get a name?" She nodded and a small smile appeared on her face and her cheeks were slightly rosy. 

"It's Juliette." She smiled and handed me her phone. I put in my number and texted myself just to make sure. 

"Well maybe I can be your Romeo." I smacked a hand over my mouth when I realized I said it out loud. "I'm sorry I-" I was cut off by a soft kiss on my forehead. 

"I guess you can be." She gave me a slight wave and walked away. 

"Dude...when is it my turn?" I turned to see James crossing his arms, "And I get dinner for being such an awesome wingman." I sighed and shook my head. 

"Fine, I'll get you dinner." We packed up our stuff and I heard James muttering and then he turned to me. 

"Do you have any other hot lady friends you don't spy on?" He smirked when I let out a groan. 

"No I don't." We both laughed and I shook my head when James started going off about wedding plans and how he'd make the best uncle in the world. All I could think about was her soft lips, her hair, her eyes, and how it makes my heart flutter every time I think about her smile. 

"Juliette." I whispered. I looked up at the stars and remembered what I said about being her Romeo, and my face became hot with shame. "I'm such an idiot." 

"A idiot who stalks people." James added. 

"I thought you got over that!" I yelled. He shrugged and smirked when he saw my face. 

"You're so gonna think about kissing her in your dreams aren't you?" I stayed silent and his face lost a little color, "Don't tell me you already do?" He froze and watched as I walked ahead of him. 

"Xavier! Tell me don't!" I kept walking and he ran after me. "Xavier!"