Penthouse View

I woke up and turned to see the clouds blocking the sun and the view of the city. I had moved the mattress into the corner of the room so it would be mostly surrounded by windows. Just for her.

I looked over at her side of the bed to find her still wrapped in the soft white sheets. Her brown hair placed to one side of the pillow and her long eyelashes. I ran my finger along her cheek and she lazily swiped at her face.

"Morning." I said as her eyes fluttered. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead.

"Mmm." She hummed against my chest and snuggled deeper into my arm.

After a while the clouds started to clear out and you could see the bustling city. The cars looked like ants from up here and the sun just wanted to be right in my face.

"Love?" I ran my fingers up and down her spine and she moved a little. I looked down to see her eyes open a little. She had the most beautiful green eyes I'd ever seen. I kissed her forehead.

"Yeah?" She asked groggily.

"You can see the city now." I said softly she sat up a little and looked out the window and I watched as a small smile grew on her face.

"It's pretty in the morning." She said in a hushed voice. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"I see something beautiful every time I wake up." I said and watched as her head turned slowly and her cheeks turned a slight pink. She threw a pillow at me and I caught it. Along with her arm and pulled her back down on top of my chest.