MAKING THE FAMILY HAPPY

5MAKING THE FAMILY HAPPY

5
MAKING THE FAMILY HAPPY

7 May 2008
Sehr Lake , Surya Giri , Shreegarh

It was late night , I was still sitting at the same place , next to the lake . After talking to Bhai Sa , I directly drove here , Surya Giri is a 2 – hour drive from palace and also Noor Palace , which is my private palace also lies some way ahead from here.  

My thoughts are scattered , I don’t consider myself a relationship one , and no I am not a playboy as well .

After , my first heartbreak , which I made sure was my last I didn’t let anyone close , but this arrangement is targeting my insecurities.

I cannot raise any girl’s expectations , while I don’t think she would have any because if she gets a million loaded credit card , a luxurious lifestyle , a sought-after CEO why would she even look at me , yeah that’s the best option give her everything and stay thousands of feet away , but that feels like deceiving my family .

“Son why are you sitting here” a middle-aged old man , dressed in a shirt – pants comes and sits beside me .

“You don’t mind me sitting here right?’’ he asks, and I shake my head in ‘no’.

“So what are you dealing with young man” 

“An arranged marriage problem”

“Quite young , you’re married”

“No , but me grandfather arranged my marriage 11 years ago , when I was 10 to one of his best knowns daughter , with a lot of conditions” – I explain to him.

On the second thoughts , why am I even talking to an unknown person and telling him my problems which I have never talked about to anyone except family and close friends , but it feels right – somewhere in my heart .

“Yes , young man you spaced out”

“No , not at all”

“Of my experience , I would just say - do the thing which make your family happy and if they don’t like your decision , try your best to explain – try till you are tired they’ll understand”

I heard his words and felt a notion I myself , that made me feel that these were just the words my ears and brain was yearning to hear and I don’t realize when I stand up and dust off my clothes , and look up to the uncle again

“I am grateful , for the kind words you shared , it feels these were just the words I wanted in my system , Thank You”

“Take care Shauryaveer , give my regards to your family and think wisely , don’t do or act things you may regret later” – he waves his hand and left .

I quickly sit in my car and started to the palace , the only thing that made sense to me from his words is – do the thing which makes your FAMILY HAPPY . I can kill or die for them , so this is nothing big .

Thinking about that he seemed oddly familiar, wait a minute – HOW DID HE KNOW I AM SHAURYAVEER , the people probably know the name of the princes and princesses of the family , but none can identify us in person , royal insigne cars are tinted and if we go in around Shreegarh , we use public cars .

‘THIS IS MYSTERY’ , never mind right now my focus is getting back home and signing the document of accord .
As I reach the palace around 1.00 in the night , I quickly aim at Bhai Sa’s room and knock on the door after a while he opens with a grumpy face .

“Who is dying Shauryaveer”

“My freedom”

“WHAT”

I hear him behind me as I quickly go to his study , and find the document on the table itself and quickly signed it and as I turned around , he is standing , burning holes in me with arms crossed on his chest leaning at the doorway .      

“Where were you?”

“Surya Giri”

“Where were you sitting”

“Hmm…Why’’

“Just curious to know the place of your enlightenment , that you came running to my room in the middle of night”

“Near the lake”

“Good’’

I walk out of his room and reach my suite . I was just in the shower when , the bell went off  and I shouted to hold on, but it kept ringing back-to-back .
I quickly wore my sweats and t-shirt and run to the door , keep in mind the bell is still ringing and I opened it to see , Geetika , in her night suit , with a sleepy face and yawning , with a plate and a cup of milk with bourn vita in her hands .

“What are you doing , trying to wake up the whole palace and forget about that why are you still awake”
I ask and she gives me a I-am-irritated look and passes me and enters the room and directly goes to the kitchenette and place the plate in it and put the timer  on and turns back to look at me

“First of all stop your habit of asking so many questions in one go Bhai Sa and to answer your many questions , I have exam tomorrow hence I was studying , I was you entering the house through the balcony and as I wanted some milk to pull an all nightery I thought why not get you food and I brought my cup here to give you company for eating  Actually truthfully I was finding one for myself , so rather than of waking up someone to keep me company , I thought to utilize the opportunity and fill my sister duties”
as she completes her explanation ,the timer dings and she takes out the plate and hand it over to me and places her milk in it .

After two minutes she joins me on the couch, and we talk about some daily things she asks about New York with curious eyes and I answer all her questions peacefully .

I go on checking a mail and when I look at her she is already asleep , like a cocoon and I decide against waking her up and pick her in my arms like a feather and go to her room , when I enter I see Baba Sa , sitting on the couch .

“She was with you”

“Uhm yes , brought me dinner”
and I see the condition of her room , which I say pretty messed up , I place her on the couch and rest her head on Baba Sa’s lap and clear the mess , which takes good 15 minutes , looks like she was studying hard , then I pick her up and take to bed and she snuggles to herself .

“Why are you awake , this late” – I ask Baba Sa

“Well it’s her usual time to wake up any one of me and Jeetendra for her milk time , so now I and Jeetendra automatically wake up on alternate days around this time’’ he chuckles

As we exit her room and Baba Sa was about to enter his
I tell him – “Baba Sa , I signed … my freedom” , well the last part is only for me to hear .

“I expected that , have a good night Kunwar Sa , and remember everything is for the good” 

“I expected that , have a good night Kunwar Sa , and remember everything is for the good”  …