Chapter X- His Bloody Ballroom Dance

Today was the day of the celebration with Adonis and the phantoms. I didn't know when it was going to start, but I assumed that it was going to be rather late in the day.

I sat on my window seat, staring out the window with a book in my lap. The window was open so that I could feel the fresh air and the blowing wind. The moment of peace was soon interrupted when my door opened.

I turned my head around and saw my mother. She looked around my room. "Kikimora!" She exclaimed, still observing the bedroom in shock. "Where is all your luggage?!" She shouted angrily.

I let out a quiet sigh. "I'm sorry, mother, I'm afraid I've come down with a cold and I cannot join you and father." I lied. She looked skeptical about my words.

She crossed her arms and groaned. "Fine, I'll alert the servants and tell your father of this news," she stated before walking out of my room. I smiled and bit my lip when she closed the door.

I lied successfully. I had a mental celebration as I faced the window again and continued reading my book. Even though I tried, I still couldn't focus on it.

~{}~

After resting on my window seat for about an hour longer, I heard a knock on my door. I gazed at it. "Come in!" I called out. The door opened to reveal one of the phantoms. It was the blond with ocean blue eyes. I noticed he held a gift box in his hand.

I stood up and walked over to him. "Hello," I smiled at him. He didn't react, only held the box out towards me. I gave a curious look. "Uhm, thank you," I said confusedly.

He nodded and turned to walk out, closing the door behind him. I listened to his heeled boots pad against the floor until the sound disappeared. I guess he made it back to his room.

I walked over to my bed and opened the box. I gasped in shock and astonishment. My jaw opened as I set the lid down. I pulled out the dress and held it in front of me. I noticed a card fall to the floor.

I quickly set the gown back in the box and picked up the card. I gently flipped it open and began reading it, whispering the words to myself. "Dear Mora, it would be an honor if you were to wear this gown I had made for you tonight. You would look even more stunning than you already are. Sincerely yours, Adonis."

My breath hitched just a little and I blushed, feeling my face burn. "Adonis," I groaned to myself. "Why do you do this to me?" I asked. My eyes widened at my words. I set the letter down and slapped my cheeks, trying to knock some sense into me. "What am I thinking?! How outrageous," I huffed. I really am ridiculous.

I contemplated not wearing the dress he got me, but then I thought back to his note where it said he had it made for me. I groaned and rolled my eyes in annoyance. I picked up the dress one more time to start changing. I noticed something else in the box, however.

There was a set of gloves and a rose choker with a garnet pendant. I bit the inside of my cheek in thought. Should I? After a minute or so, I huffed and took the pieces out.

Out of habit, I went behind my changing screen to get ready. For me it was always either behind the screen or in my bathroom. I quickly slid out of my regular dress and began putting on the new one. I still couldn't get over the fact that Adonis not only got me two dresses, but he made this one just for me.