Outside

Yufei shifted back in fear, almost stumbling along the way, Tang Zhan just shook his head and sighed.

"Yufei, you don't need to be afraid of me, the things you should be afraid of will soon arrive"

"z- zombies, you mean zombies? Brother how did you know about this" Yufei stopped her trembling legs and questioned her brother.

"shhhh! Don't be so loud" Tang Zhan annoyingly cautioned, but upon seeing the expression on both Banjo's and Yufei's face, he was confused.

"what? why are you both looking at me like that?"

"Oh brother, so unknowing. Don't you know our house has a total full house sound proof". Tang Zhan's eyes widened.

' I've been overly cautious for absolutely no reason ' He mentally facepalmed.

"okay then, sister equip your swords, Banjo equip your guns, you both have inventory of twenty slots each. Fill them up with guns."

"aye aye captain!" both Banjo and Yufei mocked.

[Dark clouds;

Duration: 00:01]

In the next second, the clouds were gone, revealing the beautiful scene of life, but it wasn't alone, it was accompanied by different loud screams and inhumane growls.

This time around Yufei's face was pale with shock and fear, with realization she looked to Banjo and Tang Zhan.

"you actually weren't lying, zombies are real. Will I never see my friends again? What of mom and dad are they safe?"

"so you finally remembered your parents" a crude voice rang out, this was Banjo, he was currently wearing a metal combat suit and all the pockets were occupied by loaded silenced pistol. At the same time his inventory was also occupied.

Yufei seeing this wore hers and sheathed the two blue swords.

"brother won't you wear the last one, and where's your weapon!?" Yufei asked as she saw Tang Zhan just standing there doing nothing, and holding no weapons.

Tang Zhan smiled, no words were spoken.

Thirty minutes later, Tang Zhan stood up, "it's been one hour since the apocalypse started let's head out."

"head out... head out when we are more safer here!" Yufei complained, and it could be seen that she was trembling in fear, only Tang Zhan and Banjo were calm.

"we need to kill, get experience point and level up to grow stronger, the zombies won't wait for us to get stronger"

Tang Zhan moved towards the window and looked out, only to see their compound was completely empty.

"out of all our task, get a shelter is done, we don't need to start looking for a place to crash in or some stupid arrogant group to join"

"the only thing to do now... is to level up and become stronger, alright?"

...

Three people could be seen coming out of a giant double gate. The male at the front was walking like an alpha, pride in his steps, the other male was walking the same but his guards were up, and the last person, a female was chickening out.

As the gates closed, it made a dull thump. The females eyes widened, when she saw 12 people.

"See brother, humans we're not alone?"

"look again!"

Yufei looked back at the 'humans', and saw they were making weird movements. The humans looked beat and bruised, they were also bent in awkward directions.

Some eyeballs were popped and sticking to their cheeks, some dangled after their heads, they all had rotten skin and tooth. Some parts of their flesh were missing and they had broken limbs... and they were even running towards them.

"you see, they are even running towards us, they came for a greeting!" Banjo said while pulling out his gun in both hands. He began shooting towards them, even getting headshots.

His system panel had began showing him a series of notifications. Yufei who didn't want to lack behind also began shooting, although not getting headshots she still made clean shots.

Tang Zhan didn't disturb their 'funtime' and just brought out a chocolate bar, and started eating.

After they killed the zombies, they both faced Tang Zhan.

"okay gang, let's head to the most populated areas of an apocalypse... a school, a chapel, an hotel, or a concert area"

Tang Zhan brought out his phone to search up the nearest out of these places, but his senses caught a new smell.

"It seems like that isn't really necessary, now is it? A horde is approaching, brace yourself, we might have to sweat a bit." Tang Zhan said and few seconds later the floor could be felt rumbling. Around the corner of a street some few rotten numbskulls could be seen running.

Banjo kept his pistols, and brought out an assault rifle. "Hungry bastards, eat this!".

Spraying his bullets about he was determined in making only headshots, but when some dogs and animals began heading their direction he had to change trajectory.

"I've been taking sword classes since age four, it wouldn't be nice if I use guns most of the times" Yufei too kept her pistol, and unsheathed her two swords. She closed her eyes and whispered.

"Sensei, I hope you are still alive... I would like you to see the brilliance of my swordsmanship"

Sprinting the naruto style, she held her swords behind her back, and ran into the horde, she began slashing, she fought as if she was dancing.

' if only she knew how to use qi into her strikes, it would have been more fluid ' Tang Zhan thought as he posed like a sage.

After like three minutes of continuous swinging, Yufei was starting to steam, sucking in cold air and breathing out hot steam.

Banjo was also starting to sweat, his sight were becoming blurry, shooting might have have been thought to be an easy thing, but when you shoot continuously the recoil of the gun will start to register into the body and the stamina will reduce.

At this time, Tang Zhan was ready to fight as his companions were getting tired.

"Yufei come back now, you should have enough experience point to level up, Banjo you too get a rest the recoils are getting to you... leave the rest to me"

Yufei immediately found a way to remove the zombies off her trail while she ran back to Tang Zhan's side while taking big breathes, Banjo too stopped shooting.

"I think we should enter for a rest, we can snipe the rest of them from on top when we regain our energy" Banjo suggested, but Tang Zhan shook his head and walked forward to the stampeding zombies.

"I said... leave the rest to me"

He walked forward and stretched out his right hand, and like magic a swirl of black miasma gathered around his hand and after two seconds it dissipated to reveal a black beautiful scythe.

Walking ahead, Tang Zhan tried to remember the feeling he usually feels whenever he uses his shadows, after remembering the feeling.

He opened his eyes, and shadows could be seen spreading out of his regular shadow, and reaching out to the zombies.

The instant their legs touched it they all slowed down to a crawl, while Tang Zhan just calmly increased his pace.

"just be obedient people and wait for your turns, don't worry I won't be too cruel, just a little bit cutting..." Tang Zhan began chuckling in a dark manner, and he even surrounded himself with his shadow flames as he thought to himself.

' no speech would be good without a nice visual effects '
...