Recruiting families

"You disgust me!"

'wait what? He actually spoke in common language, wait didn't it say they speak underdark beast language, if they did actually speak underdark beast language then does that mean I understand their language... Or beasts language in general. This, is a joke isn't it?' Aion thinks to himself, having a internal battle over an impossible reality. It was either he was hallucinating to understand just because he pictured the expression of the Kobole to a human's or he was truly actually understanding the words of a beast that hasn't yet attained the Watcher rank, as only beast of that rank are able to either formulate words or speak it through minds.

'Wait! What language did the dragon speak in, was it common or draconic... If the dragon wasn't sure I was a phoenix by blood, she could have tested me by speaking in draconic, and seeing as I understood without knowing, she immediately knew I was her kin and she was able to freely communicate with me.' Looking at the irritated female Kobole getting angered by the arrogant male Kobole's words, Aion thought deep and hard, as he suddenly acts out of plan.

"Hello! Hello fellas, hello friends and buddies!" Aion says as he comes out if his hiding spot, waving heartily at the gathered tribe of Koboles.

The chief stands from his improvised throne as it summoned for it's guards, all of them instantly lining beside the chief, taking stances with their crude spears, that seemed to have been made of a thick three branch with its head being a roughly sharpened rock tied to it with the dried sap from a weeping birch.

At the same time they also make sure to safely pull their non-combatants away from the line of action. The chief stares deep at Aion, the tentacles on its face trembling with sliminess.

"Human who are you? And how do you know our language?" The chief inquires as it raises it's hand to threaten Aion that he can end his life simply by just dropping his hand faster.

"Well you don't need to panic, but if you act rash there just might be a reason for you to panic." Aion says back with equal venom of threat spilling from his mouth.

"Hmm... What is it you want then?" The chief takes his seat back on its throne as it motions for it's guards to let down their weapon.

"Well I've got friends over there in hiding any mistake could cause your death, we came here to clear out this area since some complained of disturbances in the area, but I didn't know I would be meeting humble brothers here today. If things go well, I will persuade my comrades and things will end in a win-win for both groups."

Hearing the sincere words of Aion, the chief squints it's eyes as it searches around under the tentacles squirming on its face. With his superior darkvision, it was truly able to see outlines of bodies within the darkness, their structure similar to humans.

"Hahaha, friend. You should have said that from the beginning, although our race can't grow stronger than a boss beast, but our intelligence is our fort, right from the beginning of our life as infants we already have the intelligence of a Crazed rank, and at adulthood we're fluent than a Watcher and some geniuses are even better than some Watchers. You should have spoke straight to the point without underestimating our knowledge, hahahahaha!"

Aion and the chief both share a brotherly laughter, as the atmosphere suddenly changes to one of a lost brother finally meeting his sibling again.

"Well, the thing is that I'm recruiting..."

"Recruiting?" The chief asks as it looks at the group of people hiding in the darkness giving each other panicked signs, 'it seems like this was never the plan, and he acted on his own... More reason to believe his words.'

Truly the twins were lambasting Grad and disturbing him for the failed plan, and how Aion ruined everything for them, whereas Grad was busy thinking of how it was possible for Aion to understand and speak with Koboles.

Daizy, or truly named Glyscyra stared intently at the scene occuring before her as her stoic hardened face softens up a bit, showing a side of her the team had never seen before. 'He is of a god's... A true offspring of a god. Hahaha! Mother, I think I've found my quest, a child of a god truly appeared and does something that should never be expected of such royal bloodline.'

Unknowingly to the teammates that couldn't really make out vivid details in the darkness of the cavern, a smile gradually forms on Daisy's mouth as her lips stretches from across her rosy cheek, with her eyes holding an inexplicable light of valor and adventure.

"Yeah, recruiting. Now listen, even my teammates do not know of this information I'm about to share, so I'll give you an headstart." Aion says as he walks closer to the Kobole chief slowly.

"If I do not tell you this piece of information, then everything will be as it is, I'll persuade my friends over there to leave after you pay us up a little, but if I tell it to you, then there are only two choices for you that concerns the life of your tribesmen."

The chief disturbingly leans back in his throne as he takes in a heavy breath and sighs. "Speak your words, and stop delaying the disaster any further!"

"Okay then, if you insist... Well, I'm Tang Zhan at least that is my name in this current life, but my previous name in my past live was... Aion." As he said this the guards look at him dumbfounded, as they wondered what was the concern between previous life name and your currents.

Whereas it wasn't the same for their chief, as he had almost fallen off his throne in shock, even till now his heart was still running, no longer willing to make a stop.

"Exactly that Aion, son of he whom you know. The one that had died back then and was said to come back to his mother. I am Aion, child of the Phoenix, son of the queen of light, first born of the king of darkness." Aion nears the chief till the point he was directly before him, and he whispers in the chief ear.

"I am back, and I hear I've got enemies all around, so I want to recruit, but if you prove to be against me, you know what will happen don't you?" He leans back as he smiles at the chief.

"You- you, you are Aion, son of mother Eternus... I never knew I would still be alive when this day comes, but it seems like the heavens are smiling upon me."

Aion stares at the chief happy expression, and he also looks at the affection above his head that suddenly changes from the symbol of f a friend to the symbol of a family, and the first one fills up to a quarter.

'The dragon said only those that are family and recognized as friends or families can call the names of father and mother without causing any phenomenon.'

"Seems like you are truly family, then you are recruited, call back your tribesmen. They don't need to fear anything I will go persuade my teammates now." Aion says as the chief nods his head hastily, almost like he couldn't keep in his joy.

Aion turns back and heads back to where his team hid at. "Hey guys come on out, it's safe!" He calls out at them, pretending as if he can't see them, whereas he sees as clear due to being an Ancient.

Grad and the twins were slightly hesitant to come out, but Daizy surprisingly jumps out with a skip in her steps.

Seeing this the eye patched man also comes out, and after this the rest comes out as well as they all face Aion for explanation.

Aion looks at the beaming Daizy, that seems to glow in the murkiness of the cavern. Then he looks above her head and sees her previous symbol had changed, it was one of a stranger before but now it was that of a friend's, and two out of it were filled up.

"Well I had learned few languages when I was little, my dad had found it somewhere. Only that I never expected it to be the language of beasts. I used that to converse with the Koboles chief, and they agreed to leave here so it is the same as completing the mission. Then we'll be able to go to the gods field earlier than required."

"What if they choose to rebel?" Grad asks as he looks at the chief suspiciously.

"They won't rebel, they understand the risk and value their lives, and I have my ways of knowing that they won't rebel, so keep calm. I wouldn't have joined your team if my method said otherwise." As he says this he purposely glances at the eye patched man, but only for a second before facing the team back.

"So who accepts this path I've laid out?"

...