8: The Butterfly Effect

Leave some comments 😭

Or your pillow will be warm 

-------------

"All great and precious things are lonely."

John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Percy, my son!" Carlos Markov clapped the back of his son joyfully, "Welcome back to the US! Did you enjoy Greece?"

"I did, dad. Thanks," Percy, with all his seven feet, engulfed his small dad in a hug, "How is the company doing?"

"Ah!" Carlos' mood soured instantly, "That Avyanna bitch thinks she can manipulate me! Me! After you had gone away, I didn't have anyone that would help me with her either."

"I had to dad," Percy huffed, "The FBI was on my trail. Besides, she is just a tiny woman!" He laughed mockingly, "She couldn't have possibly scared you that much."

"She is the kind of evil woman they call Lilith son," Carlos huffed, "She has no control! I couldn't control her, she is outspoken; not meek and definitely not docile."

"Not docile huh?" Percy ran a hand over his chin, wicked contempt and interest for this woman he hadn't seen in years boiling over, "She sounds interesting. Is she as hot as I remember?"

Carlos rolled his eyes, his nauseating voice taking on an octave, "You have to focus on what we can gain, not the chick!"

"Has our informer been working well?" Percy asked with a sinister smile.

Carlos' face lit up with an equally evil smile, "Oh they are. If everything goes well, Avyanna Mikhail is bound to fall in our trap."

Avyanna's POV:

Avyanna's POV:

"You have to be perfect, Yana. Like a doll. Dolls don't have feelings, do they?"

My eyes snapped open as the dark, sonorous voice resonated within the tendril of my mind. It took me a while to become aware of the time I was in. Like a curtain of memories being lifted and finally unveiling the reality.