Chapter 23- A Mischievous Woman

--Giovanni POV--

"Oh my god! What fashionista of a ghost possessed you!?" That's the sound of my sister walking into my newly refurbished closet which wasn't filled with just suits as she was used to.

"One that goes by the name Aurora Vandenburg," I replied continuing on typing away on my laptop as I sat comfortably on my bed.

"Are you okay!? Should we call the hospital or something!?"

"No." I sternly said.

"To the first or second question?" She popped her head out to ask.

"The second one," I replied as she hummed, narrowing her eyes as she judged me for a second before going back into the closet to dig around my new, casual, clothes.

"Mama and I used to always say that we'll be seeing pigs fly before seeing you in anything but a suit, but I guess the day has come. You're one step closer to being a normal human being,"

"Thank you," I dryly spoke.

"So... are you done with work yet?" She asked, jumping onto the bed beside me, looking at me with hopeful eyes to which I scoffed my reply.

"Your jokes aren't funny, little sister. I've barely just begun,"

"Oh, come on! All you do is work, at this point your life is going to drift away and you won't even know it! You'll be lying in your death bed wondering why you lived like this..."

"I see nothing wrong with the way I'm living, a content life is a fulfilled life. And, right now, I am content," I explained, not understanding her words, but the same could be said about her towards me. We were siblings by blood, but we were completely different in any other notion.

"Then what about Aurora? What is she to you?"

"She is on another level of her own, I can't describe it," I had to take a moment to think about the said woman before speaking. Our date last week has left me feeling a bit odd, in a way that I can't describe. I can't stop thinking about it in hopes of another one? That doesn't make sense, dates are a waste of time so why would I look forward to more?

"I came all the way from Italy to see you, and you can't even hang out with me?"

"I didn't ask you to come," I reminded as she scoffed, and finally, I was given a few elongated moments of peace, hurriedly typing away as I revelled in the silence, praying for each second to last longer than it was.

"Fine then, have it your way, you stone-cold man," She mumbled, jumping off the bed as my fingers paused in their tapping, following her as she moved to leave the room.

"What are you planning?" I was almost fearful to ask.

She paused in her slow steps, turning to look at me with a satisfied smirk.

"Oh, nothing much. I'm going to have fun, and guess what-" She paused, quickly typing something on her phone as I raised a brow, already knowing that it wasn't anything good.

"What?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"I've invited your beloved future wife to come have fun with me," She waved the phone before slipping it into her trouser pockets, spinning on her heel to leave, but pausing a second later as I slapped my laptop shut, glaring at the back of her head.

"What kind of fun?" I asked, getting off the bed.

"I was hoping you would ask; The club,"

"The what?"

"There's this new club near the city centre, one of Aurora's friends owns it so we've got a free V.I.P pass to get in, isn't that exciting?" It was my turn to scoff.