Chapter 33- Dreams & Reality

--Aurora POV--

Judging by the surprised look on his face, I'm guessing that I was silly enough to have gotten my reality and dreams mixed up. But could you blame me? My dream of confessing my undying love to him seemed so real that I had no choice to believe it to be nothing but the truth.

But alas, I was incorrect. And in the end, I ended up confessing my love to him in the most awkward way thought possible, good going Aurora.

I looked to Lilliana and Alex for help, but apparently, they had found more interest in looking at the tiles of the floor instead of my eyes, and it didn't take a genius to see that they were working harder to stifle their laughs than compared to working on any other pressing matters. Once I detangle myself from this awkward situation, I will have my revenge on them.

"Would you both be so kind as to leave us alone for a moment?" Gio spoke in a restrained tone of voice, eyes wavering with a flood of emotions as if he were conflicted on what to feel right now; Anger? Surprise? Joy? The latter is what I would personally prefer.

"As you wish," I quickly jumped out of my seat, going to leave the room before Lilliana or Alex could even blink, but Gio was quick to catch me, nothing surprising there.

"Not you," He latched onto my arm, pulling me back towards him, and I quickly whipped my head around to look at the two others in the room, but they had picked up their plates of food, and ran out of the room, and a few seconds later, I heard the front door closing shut. Those cowards!

"Okay, okay, I admit, that confession came out of nowhere, so therefore I would understand your surprise, and possible anger. I kept you on your toes for weeks, and now I just confessed unexpectedly, so-"

"-Aurora." He called.

"-But let's think logically, like rational human beings, and not jump to any-" I cut myself off this time, squeaking in surprise as he pulled me up to his chest, and in the moments that I had let my guard down, he grabbed my waist, hoisting me up until I felt the cold granite of the island under my bottom where he sat me down.

"You..." I started but was unable to find any words to say. What am I supposed to even say in this situation? I was almost certain that he would be angry at me for playing with his emotions, but his actions were saying otherwise.

"You're not mad?" I eventually heard the words leaving my lips.

He smiled his reply, further increasing my level of confusion, and when he leaned down, I quickly squeezed my eyes shut, peeping them open a short second later when I felt the soft force of his lips against my forehead.

"Silly woman. Why would I be mad at the woman I love for confessing her love to me? Despite the unusual, sudden confession, I can't say I'm surprised since it's you that it came from," He chuckled, voice laced with nothing but the positive amusement that I had hoped for.

"Really?" I blinked, raising a suspicious brow.

He answered my question by leaning down, and stealing a quick peck, and it didn't feel unusual, if anything, it felt as though it were something we've shared a thousand times before. A comfortable little act that reassured both of us of our feelings.

"Yes, I can't expect anything less of surprises from Aurora Vandenburg, can I?" Was I supposed to take that as an insult or a compliment?

"So, you and I... We're..."

"Lovers," He said it as though he'd been waiting to say it his whole life, and that only caused my heart to flutter even more than it already was.

"Lovers." I echoed, and he nodded, confirming it for both of us.