Chapter 1 - Prologue

Just like how everyone adores heroes in their childhood, a certain boy adored those who hid in the shadows. One day, after living the mediocre life of a side character while undergoing frenzied training by night, he reincarnates in a different world and gains ultimate power. The young man who is only playing at being a secretive powerhouse, his misunderstanding subordinates, and a struggling, giant, shadowy organization...

This is the story of a boy who adored shadowy manipulations who might possibly reign over the dark side of another world.

—--------------------------------------------

This fanfiction story timeline will take place just after Shadow Garden and Cid saved his sister when she was kidnapped and two years before he goes to the capital.

—--------------------------------------------

So that's basically how we wiped out that bandit group and saved Nee-san. When we found Nee-san, she was unconscious, so we freed her restraints and then just left her there. The very next day, she showed up back at the house, in high spirits. That person is excessively resilient, so her hand injury had already mainly healed up after just one night. After that was a whole week of recovery or investigation or whatnot before she finally left for the royal capital. And for some reason, during that one week she kept fussing over me, it was quite annoying. I wonder if our parents gave us another sibling, she would stop bothering me. I could really use some meat shield-- Ahem, I mean help.

Alpha and the others were apparently busy investigating the bandit gang and cleaning up the leftovers. Ah right, sorry, they're not bandits, but the Order. Well, bandits by any other name are still bandits in the end.

But damn, that red-eyed ossan sure had talent. It was partly his credit that I was able to use a cool-sounding line like "Then I will dive. It matters not how deep." Too bad he died, otherwise I would have hired him as a supporting actor.

And my power in the shadows plays and ad-libbing were a must-see! It's a pity that there was no audience, but I only have to bear with it for 2 more years. Two years later, I will also be going to the royal capital. It's the royal capital, that capital! One of the few great metropolises of this world, the only city in this country with a population higher than a million.

I can bet that there would be both protagonist-like characters and last boss-like characters there. There would be an abundance of incidents, conspiracies, and intricacies that could never occur in a backwater place like here... and thus opportunities for me to make an appearance as a power in the shadows. Aahh, in that light, then the current me who is making do by only taking out mere bandits is but a frog in a well. My story so far was only the prologue.

As I continued to build up my strength in preparation for 2 years later, Alpha and the 6 others requested to meet with me together. Apparently, they want to 'report' on their 'investigation into the Order' and the results of their 'research into the Curse.' Lately, they've all gotten quite busy, so it's rare to see all 7 gathered together at the same time. There's no actual point to 'investigating' and 'researching,' so you guys should keep it to a moderate level, alright? is what I'm thinking as I listen to their 'reports.'

To sum it all up.

All of the heroes who fought Diabolos were female. That's why the Curse of Diabolos only manifests in females.

What a novel idea! But unfortunately, the general consensus is that they were all male. Ohhh, because Shadow Garden only has girls (except for me), so they're making that their pretext? Should I tell them to hire more males to even things out? But, the fact that the only male in Shadow Garden is actually the leader has a nice ring to it, so let's keep it like this.