~4~

Raven's POV
Darkness. That was all I could see.
Where am I?
What happened to me?
My eyes rolled in their sockets as I tried to find my way out of this deep darkness. I felt a painful tug on my arm.
Who was trying to bring me out of this place?
I wanted to leave but I did not have the power to leave.
Someone, please help me.
I yelled in my head.
Suddenly, something like water was splashed on my face, and instantly, I jerked up and winced from the sheer brightness of the room. I closed my eyes and slowly opened them, trying to adjust to the brightness.
Where was I?
How did I get here?
And where is this place?
I glanced around the place. It looked like a place where potions are made and the way ingredients were hung around with paintings, the inkling that it was a witch that lived here dawned on me.
I heard a throat clearing close to me and I whirled my head in that direction, only to see Jane and ... someone I have never seen.
Wait, Jane?
What is she doing here?
"Are you awake?" She asked, her arms wrapped around her breasts.
I slowly nodded my head and opened my mouth to speak. "You ..."
My voice came out croaked and the realization of what I had done hit me like a tornado that I almost fell back to the ... bed.
I just spoke. That too for the first time in years. No, since I was born.
How did it happen?
I instantly raised my eyes to look at Jane questionably. She arched her left brow and smirked. "The marking did it. Not me," She said, raising her hand in a surrender motion.
My brows creased at what she said and I was totally confused.
What marking was she talking about?
She must have read the question from my facial expression. She turned to the older lady that was wearing a cloak and was staring at me like I was some mystery.
"You were marked." The lady said.
"By who?" The question dropped from my lips like it was normal.
"That I don't know. You will have to find that out yourself." She told me.
"Who are you?" I asked her.
Letting out a sigh and turning to the window. "The Wicked Witch."
My eyes widened in shock immediately. If I had said that the Witches of BeckHall were gifted with a sense of smell, this lady... standing before was gifted with the power to see both past and future which was the most dangerous power a witch could ever possess.
Why? It takes a lot of energy and mind to be able to withstand the going back and forth to both the present and past.
She was also rumored to have killed her witch sister and destroyed the coven. That was why she was called that name and she was a total outcast.
But... Wait, is Jane also one?
She seemed to have known what I was thinking because she grinned wide and shook her head. "You don't need to be scared of me. I don't bite." She said and a snort slipped past my nostrils.
"Anyways, I am an orphan which whose mother was killed during The Call," She pursed her lips. "I don't know my father so she took me in."
The Call, a very dangerous and agonizing term, was made by a psychotic and insane Alpha King then, who had
subjected powerful Lycans in their animal and feral forms to do as he ordered and it was also when he ordered them to hunt down witches who were seen as a threat to him and since it seemed like Lycans have a great sense of smell and heightened feral abilities, he was quite dangerous.

These powerful Lycans hunted the witches down and will present to the Alpha King the heads of each coven leader.

That Alpha King was nicknamed The Mad King Aran.

It was a great time in history. I tell you.

The lady turned back to me. "Girl, do you remember where you are from?" She questioned.
"I am from the Omegas district under the Royal Gamma," I answered her.

She gave a long look before nodding her head. "You can speak because of the marking but... Don't you want to know how you can recognize the one who marked you?"

"Is he my mate?" I asked quickly because that was the most baffling of the thoughts.

She sent a glance at Jane who scratched her neck. "I can't say."

She must have asked Jane what the answer was.

Dullard.

The lady turned to me and answered. "He is not."

A breath of relief slipped through me and I relaxed. That was good. Very good.

She was about to take a step and leave but I called her back. "I am yet to know your name."
She turned to the side without looking at me. "Just address me as the Wicked Witch," she said.

"No. Tell me your name." I let out.

I watched her throat bob and she said inaudibly. "Lakeinai."
(La - Ki - E - Nai)

What sort of name of that?

"Lakeina." I said silently and she walked out, leaving me to Jane who was I mad at.
She pouted and walked towards me. "I'm sorry for not telling you. And you should also be sorry for not telling me."

Typical Jane.

I was about to talk but I was suddenly hit with a head cracking ache.
I winced out and held my head tight.

"What is wrong?" Jane's voice sounded so distant all of a sudden.
I think I screamed or maybe I did not, the last thing I remembered was Jane trying to speak to me and Lakeina appearing beside me instantly like she was the air.

* * *
Something was happening to me. It felt like I was caged. It felt like I was drowning. It felt I was gagged. It felt like I was... Dead.