~5~

Damon's POV

My gums were aching.  I slowly slid my eyes open and stared at the ceiling of the room, I was in. After my encounter yesterday, I don't know what was wrong with me. I know I should not have gone last night since it was the night of the Mate Moon but when your Alpha gives you an order, can you refuse it?

I rose up and dizziness coiled in my eyes. Sliding off the bed, I staggered towards the mirror to take a look at my face. My fangs were still elongated and the veins in my neck were slowly disappearing.

I had marked someone but who?

Gosh, Tarain. You could have kept your fangs in.
I told my wolf who seemed unusually quiet.

I sensed my mate last night. He replied.

And that got me confused. Mate? Last night?
Was it the one I marked?

I don't know. But something is definitely wrong somewhere. You need to find the one you marked. He told me.

A sigh escaped my nostrils and I slumped down on the chair that was closer to the mirror. My head was suddenly filled with different thoughts. Just as I was about to pick one and think about it, my phone beeped and my head fell because I knew who it was.

I reached out to pick it. My eyes hardened as I read the message the fucker of an Alpha sent.

How is the meeting going? Be quick and come back to supervise the upcoming event. I have more things to do.

I sneered at the message and the urge to slam my phone against the wall filled me.

Control yourself. He is your Alpha. Tarian told me.

I breathed in and out then raised my chin as I placed a call to his number. It rang more secs than I could count. I was about to give up when he picked it.

His husky voice came in. "Didn't you get my message clear?"

"I did. And I just wanted to report to you that I am working toward it. I will be meeting with Luckson today." I informed him.

"Good for you." He snorted and disconnected the call.

I hissed out and rose to my feet. Using the bathroom as usual, I was done and wore my clothes before moving out of the hotel I had lodged in.

I glanced around the place and noticed the sun was up and bright. Guess I would have to use a car instead. I went back through the gate and got into the pack's car. Note that, it was not my car. I don't own one yet.

I drove it out and set out for Luckson's bar. I soon reached there and walked in discreetly. I made a call to Luckson. He suddenly showed him in one of the numerous corner. I shook my head, not wanting to get into the deeper part of the bar.

He smirked and walked towards to me. "Still allergic to alcohol smell?" He teased and I glared at him.

"What is it you told Wolfaraine that had me coming here?" I asked him more clearly. He licked his lips and glanced around the place before giving a 'really' look.

"Do you want to discuss it here in the public?" He asked, his brows raised.

I uttered a snort and followed him into his personal office. He took his seat behind the desk and I looked through his office. I never really made into his office because I always try to keep our discussions short and precise.

Luckson is known to be a no nonsense man when it comes to business and him being partner with Wolfaraine was the worst combo ever because both of them were wolves with an ALPHA screaming. Luckson was no wolf with alpha blood running his veins but he has the instincts of all Alpha.

Sometimes, I feel intimidated by him.

"Are your legs not hurting?" He asked, his eyes trailing over my legs. I shook my head and cleared my throat. I sat down and crossed my leg over the other.

"Can we discuss it now? I have things to do." I said.

His lips quirked to the side in a smirk. "Really? Wolfaraine's words." He shook his head with amusement.

"Anyways, I justed wanted to let you know that the budget of your event is more than what you paid. Kindly tell Raine to send in more cash." He started, adding a smile that showed he was being too sweet.

"Luckson, get straight to the point. I am not in for your evading talks. Talk to me." I said, my eyes showing all seriousness I was feeling.

He smirked and arched a brow before chuckling. "Now, those are your words." He reached backward to take a file from one of his hideous drawers. He placed it before me and leaned over on his desk.

"Hand this over to Wolfaraine and tell him that this was all I could gather from them." He said, his face having the serious expression.

I gave him a skeptical look and trailed my gaze back to the file before me. "Okay." I said and was about to pick and raise when he chuckled.

Confusion flashed through me and I glared at him. "What is it, Luckson?" I asked him, already tired of his taunts.

He looked me in the eye. "If I were you, I would check what is in that file." He told me.

I dropped my gaze down to the file before me and I lifted back them to him and I knew that he was up to something because his eyes was glinting. I scoffed and rose.
"Tell Wolfaraine he tried." I rolled my eyes and walked out of the office.

"You can hook up with one of the girls." He yelled after me. I flipped him my middle finger and walked down the stairs. Suddenly, a wave of a sweet scent made its way into my nostrils. Wow... This was the sweetest scent I have ever smelled. The fact that it smells so familiar yet unfamiliar had me scanning through the crowd in confusion.

Who owns that scent?

Yay!
A chapter is done already.
Comments and votes please