Chapter 3: Quirk Awakening

Today is the day I can finally stop wearing these gauze. I went to my bathroom and took my gauze off to reveal a healed face with burned marks on half of his face. "It is better than nothing, but I don't feel confident enough to go out like this." Izuku begins to look around when he finds a mask that covers his whole face."This should work." Izuku put on the mask and walked outside of his room and headed to school.

Izuku walked into the school building, getting many stares, whispers, and laughter. He ignored it since it is not the first time they have laughed at him for having something covering his face. He enters the classroom to see bakugo twins and their potsies. Katsuki smirked then burst out in laughter. The others were confused until they looked behind themselves to see Izuku with a mask on his face. "OMG! You look even more stupid with that mask on! Why don't you go ahead and take it off, so you look less pitiful!" Katsumi said. Izuku ignored it and walked to seat. "Ay! She just told you to take it off!" one of the kids yelled at him, but it didn't bother him. They all looked at each other and walked towards Izuku with a grin on their faces. Izuku looked up with a confused look until he realized what was going to happen. He got out of his seat and backed up into the wall. "Since you won't do it like we asked. We will take it off forcefully in our way," Katsumi said with a grin as she put her hand in front of Izuku's face. They think he is scared of them. Yes he is scared of him emotionally, but he isn't scared of them physically. With the amount of damage they have done to him, nothing really affects him. Izuku's eyes were wide open and was waiting for the blow. She started to smile, but stopped. Izuku along with the others were confused why she stopped. "What are you waiting for? Do it!" Katsuki yelled. "Don't you think I know that? I used it and for some reason it didn't come out," Katsumi yelled. "It didn't come out?" Izuku thought. He didn't know what she was talking about, nor what she meant. Katsuki sighed heavily and pushed Katsumi out of the way. "Out of my way! No wonder you never get to use your quirk on others because you are useless!" Katsuki said as he hovered his hand over his face and noticed nothing came out either. "What the-" "AY!" All of the children looked back to see the principal standing in the doorway; witnessing what happened. "In my office, NOW!" the principal yelled, sending shivers down the children's spine. All of them got up and ran out of the classroom; leaving the principal and Izuku in the classroom alone. "Are you okay?" The principal asked as he walked over to Izuku to help him up. "Yeah," Izuku replied as he took the principal's hand. "Good, you go ahead and get ready for class while I handle those four," The principal said as he walked out of the classroom and went straight to his office. "That was a sight to see," Izuku thought.

Izuku entered the bathroom to clean off his face. Even though he wasn't really scared of the whole situation, it did make sweat a little. He took the mask off and threw some water on his face. He looked down at the sink and saw a weird red glow in the reflection. "What's that?" Izuku looked up at the mirror to see his eyes were red. "WOW!" Izuku yelled as he walked backwards and accidentally tripped. He fell on his butt hard, making a loud noise. He got back up and looked at the mirror again to see what he thought was fake, was real.

*Izuku's P.O.V*

I looked at the mirror to see if it was a dream and it turns out, it wasn't. As I looked through the mirror, I felt a strong serge or pain going through my eyes. It didn't hurt much, but it was enough for me to notice. I walked up closer to the mirror to get a better look at it when I heard a loud bang from the outside of the bathroom door. "Whoever is in, get to class!" It sounded like one of the teachers. I got my bookbag, put my mask on, and walked towards the door to be greeted with an angry woman. "What were you doing in there?" The teacher asked. "I was washing my face when I slipped on the ground." I replied to her while looking down at the ground. The feeling of her glaring at me made me uneasy. I was going to say something when she yelled at me to get to class. With no hesitation, I turned to my left and went straight to class.