18. Starlight Ceremony

The following day was the last of the festival. When the sun sets, the starlight ceremony will begin. The queen and king would make an appearance to give a speech to start it off. Nana was extremely excited about this part of the festival.

Today, Nana did not get up early and she wore comfortable clothes. They sold plenty the last two days and did not need to set up shop. They spent a lot of the day waiting for the night.

Nana took a rare trip to the watering hole for a swim. She found it mostly empty and approved. She wore a halter top and shorts into the water. She wasn't going to wear this outfit later, so she didn't have to worry about it drying first.

As much as she wanted to shift, it was discouraged since there was a high chance of it negatively affecting the cubs. She felt eyes on her but ignored them. She'd seen the guards around. They were more alert than usual thanks to all the strangers visiting the city. She did not feel endangered.

Nana dived underwater and swam freely. This was one of the few times she did so in her common form. It was nice. One day, she'd be able to do this as much as she wanted without having to watch her back.

Once she got her exercise, Nana joined Amil and Zen on the bank. She laid down in the sun for a bit.

The two males tried not to look at their mate. She seemed blissfully unaware of what her current state was doing to them. Zen immediately went to shield Nana's body from any stray eyes. Amil, tore his eyes away from his Nana's sparkling skin and constantly reminded himself that she was pregnant. It wasn't like they couldn't mate while she was, but no male would dare suggest it. Nana would have to be the one to approach him first.

Once Nana felt she was dry enough, she got up and stretched. Since it was only early afternoon, they had a while to go. The three of them slowly made their way back to the den. Nana poked the pudge on her belly wondering if she'd feel them kick one day. She had a month left to go before she'd be giving birth.

When they got back, the three of them started getting ready. It was Nana's last chance to shop for foreign goods and she intended to scope it out one more time. Nana wore a loose fitting, light pink robe while Amil wore a knee-length, fur skirt. Zen wore a white robe with purple hems and sash.

They shopped through the market and Nana found a couple more goods she had wanted. She got great deals and spent one medium clear kon in total. They ran into Yumi while shopping. Sano was with her along with several other males whose names Nana never bothered to remember.

They greeted each other like they weren't blood related and went their separate ways. Nana swore Yumi's stare was icier than usual, but she didn't give it much thought. Since Nana was paying more attention to her 'mother,' she ended up stumbling. Amil and Zen steadied her immediately. Their reflexes were scarily sharp.

"Thanks." Nana huffed. "Nice reflexes."

Amil shined at the compliment and Zen sighed with a smile on his face. Nana ended up walking hand in hand with them as she couldn't be trusted to use her legs properly. Of course, that was false, but Nana didn't shoo them off. It was obvious they were liking it.

Nana decided that it was a great time to pick on Zen and got a few good remarks in. Naturally, he countered most of them with his own. Like that, they went home to drop off their goods.

Having grown somewhat numb to all the looks, Nana failed to notice exactly who was watching her. Then again, there were more than a few beasts who were staring unabashedly at the female who was clearly enjoying the presence of her males. Some eyes burned with longing, others with envy, but one purple gaze held cold calculation.