𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚- 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙞𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

Apparently Jesse St

Apparently Jesse St. James wasn't joking. It all started on one June night.

June 20th, 11:38 pm

Molly had been asleep, and was awoken by a loud knocking noise. Dani was pounding on Molly's door, and reluctantly Molly opened it.

Somehow, Dani looked flawless, even though she had just woken up. She rolled her eyes. "Tell Romeo to get off the front lawn. We're trying to sleep."

Dani stormed off, leaving Molly confused. Romeo? What creep was in their front lawn in the middle of the night.

As Molly went down the stairs, the sound of music began to swell. She suspected a prank from Puck, but was totally taken aback when she opened the door.

Jesse St. James was standing on her front lawn, holding a cardboard sign reading "I'm Sorry." His eyes were closed, and he was acapella belting 'Back to December' by Taylor Swift. His eyes snapped open, and he cut the song of when he saw Molly.

He looked.... hopeful? He was wearing pajamas and rain boots, so it was hard to not imagine him being a homeless man.

Molly's face must have been bad, because Jesse St. James's hopeful look fell. "See? I told you, I'm going to pull all the rom-com cards. We watched enough of those movies, and you mean the world to me."

Molly scrunched her face. She opened her mouth, it fell closed. She didn't even know what to say. She felt like she was on a reality TV show and someone was about to jump out, that's how ridiculous it was.

"This is-" her words died.

Jesse smiled, "Good?"

"A new form." Molly deadpanned. Her face contorted into one of mixed confusion and disappointment. "Somehow you managed to go to a new low while being over the top at the same time. Honestly I don't know how you do it."

The smile fell off of Jesse's face. He opened his mouth to speak, but Molly held up her hand.

"Don't- don't wake me up again? And stop trying to win me over. I've told you once, I'll tell you again: we are never getting back together."

He wanted to sing Taylor Swift? Molly could dish it right back.

Jesse scowled. "I love you, Molly. And yknow- you're enjoying this. Somewhere deep down. I can tell. So no. I'm doing this to prove that I'm sorry and I still love you."

Molly, despite herself, laughed aloud. "Good luck with that, Jesse."

She backed into her living room, pulling the door with her. Before she closed it all the way, she peeked her head out and called "I am amused though."

The last thing Molly saw before she closed the door was Jesse St. James nodding to himself, and saying "progress."

June 22nd, 4:12 pm