Chapter 25 - Recovering

*beep* *beep* *beep*

The annoying sound from the heart rate monitor blared in my ear. I felt my eyebrows furrow as I opened my eyes. I shut them immediately at the brightness. I carefully opened my eyelids and shifted my eyes around the room. I'm currently laying on my bed, with bandages all over my body.

Wait.

My actual bed?

I'm back in France?

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I tried to remember how I came here, but nothing. There was no one in my room, thankfully. I looked to my left and saw that my dining chair was next to my bed. Someone was sitting there. I tried using my elbows to sit up, but pain shot throughout my body right after.

"Ow" I slowly laid back down. I sighed and closed my eyes.

Why am I so desperate to get up? Might as well get some more sleep while I have this opportunity. It's been a while since I've had a good rest. I shuffled my head a little on my pillow to make myself more comfortable. But my peace got interrupted.

*click*

I opened my eyes immediately at the sound of a twisting doorknob. The door opened and Zeke entered my room. He had a bowl and a towel in his hands. His face was fully concentrated on the bowl and he didn't notice that I was awake.

He put the bowl on my nightstand and submerged the towel in – what I assume was – water and wrung it out. My eyes were on him the entire time. He then proceeded to open the towel and faced me.

What is he doing?

"What are you-" I wanted to ask him, but that frightened him apparently.

"P*ttana di c*zzo (f*cking b*tch). Ow, my neck" Zeke flinched so hard, he pulled his neck muscle. Lol. I chuckled and slightly smiled at him.

"Are you okay?" I looked at him rubbing his neck. He looked like he was going to give a snarky answer, but then he looked at my state.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How are you feeling? When did you wake up?" Zeke said as he pulled the chair behind him and sat on it.

"Not long ago. Besides having holes all over my body, I'm feeling peachy" I gave a side smile. Zeke gave back a worried smile. I stopped smiling and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?"

"…It's just good to see you awake" He sighed and grabbed my hand. I gave him a strange look. This is strange. What is he doing? I looked at my hand and back at him.

What do I do?

"It's good to see you too. I guess?" Great job, Nova. Now you made the situation more awkward. Zeke looked at me and chuckled.

"…Can you help me up?" Zeke stood up and gently helped me sit up with my back on the headboard. My face crunched in pain. Zeke noticed immediately and stopped.

"You okay?" He looked at my face and over my body.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just need to take it slow" He nodded and crunched up the pillow around my neck.

"Obviously. You've been unconscious for three days" Zeke said and sat back in the chair. My eyes widened in surprise.

"Three days?!" I asked him again and he nodded. Three days is too long.

"I've never been unconscious for three whole days. Sh*t, Mr. Kim must be so mad right now-" I stopped as I realized what I was saying. Zeke looked at me with worry. I clenched my jaw and looked down.

"Nova-"

"Don't. I realize he's dead. No need to remind me" I closed my eyes and sighed.

"…Why and how am I back at the organization? And how are you here? It's not allowed for outsiders to be here" I opened my eyes and looked at Zeke.