Chapter 28 - A Gift

"Stupid bastard" I muttered to myself as I chuckled with glassy eyes.

I could tell that he was trying hard to not make it that emotional. I shook my head and wiped my eyes with a smile. I read the last sentence of his conclusion again.

넌 항상 내 딸이었어

I smiled as I kept re-reading this sentence. 'You have always been my daughter'. I felt something in my heart as I looked at this sentence. I thought about every memory I had with Mr. Kim in the past, from the times we ate together to the times we killed together. Those were fun times.

Mr. Kim has always been a good father figure and I do admit that I did take some of his actions for granted. I never sat down and properly appreciated all he did for me. I sighed and looked back at the picture. I picked it up and looked at Mr. Kim – or Kim Min Jae.

I realized that deep down, I also always considered him my father. But we have  never vocally had that conversation, even though we were father and daughter on paper.

I guess we both knew what we meant to each other without necessarily having that talk. I grabbed the letter and the picture and put them back in the folder. After closing the folder, I put it to the side. Then onto the other folder. Mr. Kim said that he left something for me.

"What did you leave behind?" I muttered to myself as I opened the folder. The first thing I saw was a CONFIDENTIAL stamp on the front page. And on top of the page was something written which made me chuckle.

*If someone other than Nova reads this, you are to be killed and dismembered by my assistant, Patricia Hawkse*

I turned over the front page and widened my eyes at the document. I looked around the office to check if no one was there and pulled the document closer to me. I start to read the document.

To be more specific, Mr. Kim's will.

---

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT

I, Kim Min Jae, resident in the City of Bordeaux - France, being of sound mind, not acting under duress or undue influence, and fully understanding the nature and extent of all my property and of this disposition thereof, do hereby make, publish, and declare this document to be my Last Will and Testament, and hereby revoke any and all other wills and codicils heretofore made by me.

PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE.

I nominate and appoint Patricia Hawkse of Bordeaux France as Personal Representative of my estate and I request that they be appointed temporary Personal Representative if they apply.

---

I read the first paragraph. Then my eyes skimmed to the middle and it immediately stopped after I saw my name. I put a hand on my mouth, shocked at what I was reading.

---

DISPOSITION OF PROPERTY.

I devise and bequeath my property, both real and personal and wherever situated, as follows:
1st and only Beneficiary: Nova Kim, currently of Bordeaux France as my daughter with the following property: INTERNATIONAL ASSASSIN ASSOCIATION (including every facility, safe houses, vehicles, and armory that are distributed across the globe).

She is to be the Director of IAA effective immediately.

If my beneficiary have pre-deceased me (I hope not; that would be embarrassing), then any property that they would have received if they had not pre-deceased me may be donated to any charitable organization(s) of my Personal Representative's choice.