CHAPTER 7

Kyra was amazed by Savannah's story. "This all happened last night?"Kyra asked shocked and intrigued by it all. "Yes, it did," Savannah said feeling embarrassed. "I did not intend to break down like that and tell him my business," Savannah admitted. Kyra reached for her friend's hand, "Stop beating yourself up over this. Yes, you are a Christian who trusts God but you are also human." "I don't know what is going on with him. He wants to help me," Savannah said in shock.

Kyra laughed, "It seems as if you have an admirer." "Don't say that," Savannah said. "Well, he is taking care of your car, he dropped you home, comforted you with a hug, and volunteered to assist you. Seems like something is up. Are you holding out on me? Is there some secret affair?" Kyra teased. Savannah glared at her, "Of course not. It came out of nowhere. His interest in me is unexpected," Savannah admitted. 

Savannah looked up and saw one of the company's messengers approaching. He handed her the car keys and a bouquet of flowers. The card read, "Hope you are feeling better. My offer still stands." Kyra's eyes widened at the sight of everything. "What is this man up to?" she said surprisingly. "I hope he doesn't think I am going to sleep with him. I didn't ask him to do these things," Savannah admitted.

Kyra laughed. "The plot continues and I can't wait to see what's next in this thing going on between you two," she smiled. "He can't be naive not to recognize you are a good girl with strong values," Kyra said. "I guess the truth will eventually come out because Johnathan Maxwell is taking too much of an interest in me," Savannah said closing her eyes. 

"I know you are still trying to understand what happened last night but at some point, you have to thank him," Kyra suggested. "I know but I will have to set the record straight," Savannah said. Kyra giggled and shook her head at the scenario playing out. "Why is this funny?'' Savannah scolded.

"The shy girl is being pursued by the hot guy. It is pretty amazing!" Kyra teased. "I can't wait to see what develops next," Kyra laughed. "Some moral support here," Savannah requested. "Just be watchful and see what he really wants. The truth will come out," Kyra said. Savannah agreed. What was Johnathan's ulterior motive? "But remember God always show up when we least expect it. He will rescue you," Kyra assured her.

Johnathan looked at the file about Savannah and all her unpaid bills. He had his lawyer draw up a contract for the marriage proposal. He made up his mind to ask her if she would agree to the arrangement.  When his gut told him it was the right time, he would ask her. Also, he was not going to allow her to be stressed about the bills. Johnathan had no idea how she would react about him paying them off but he was ready to make an offer he hoped she would not refuse.