26. NAIMA

I turn so fast that my head spins.

Grey.

Greyling is standing before me. I breathe the same air as him for the first time in five years.

He's dressed down in slacks and a short-sleeved shirt. His blonde hair is tussled as though he just woke up. Dark circles are under his eyes, and his skin is so pale that it glows. He's still devastatingly beautiful, but in that sickly way, poets love to romanticize.

I drink him in. Every inch of him. The slow rise and fall of his chest. The way his hands hang at his sides. The angular planes of his face are sharper than I remember. It's strange, though. Where I would have expected him to be smaller and slimmer, he's the opposite. He's more muscular. Sharp and angular. The sheer beauty of him is breathtaking. Even at his worst, he is impeccable.

My eyes lock on his, and as I've inspected every inch of him, he's done the same to me. His blue eyes brighten as his lips curve upward. The tension—the fear that he would reject me after all these years—eases from my shoulders as his smile grows.

"Naima." He says my name again as he moves towards me, and without a second thought, I run to him. Finch be damned.

I throw my arms around him. I'm surprised at how...complete he is. His body, always on the slighter end, is now wrapped in hard, lean muscle. His skin is cold, leached of all warmth. Yet, his grip on me is tight as he buries his face in the crook of my neck. I hear as much as I feel him breathe me in. He whispers my name over and over as if it's a prayer. And I...I do the same.

I'm in his arms, and it feels like home.

~*~