Chapter 12

He got up and lit a candle because the surrounding was pitch black after the sunset. Outside, someone even brushed away a single grain of dust, but Clyde did everything by himself here.

“Ah, that tag signifies a more important document.”

When Edith pulled out a folder, he immediately recognized the label with a star from afar. It means that he not only labeled them himself but also remembered each one.

She couldn’t get away from it. A life of eating just from day to day was passing by.

A deep sigh escaped Edith’s crooked mouth.

At this point a request to take a rest seemed uncomfortable because this situation was so bad.

It was long past the hour to leave work. She dug documents from her desk, precisely as she did at 4 p.m.

Her neck became like a turtle’s as she read and her wrist was sore from writing down her thoughts, but she was forced to stay. She had never studied so hard at the academy where she often took the top position.

The scary man didn’t say she could go home. Curses for the vicious boss filled her mind.

‘Should I just say I want to go home? Clyde said it himself. That I could be comfortable with him.’

She opened her mouth after much consideration and hesitation.

“Your Highness, I’ll get going.”

He had been scribbling something in front of Edith who was working hard, and then he looked up belatedly as if he had forgotten.

“Is it time for you to sleep?”

Her pupils shook in an instant.

“Time to… sleep?”

“Edith was so focused until it was hard to talk to you. I told you to take it easy.”

He rose from his seat with ease and reached out to Edith like a gentleman who would escort her.

He must be joking. He let her work overtime from the first day of the job, but the reason he left her alone was because it hard to talk to her? A deep pain hit the back of her neck.

Nevertheless, her opponent was the Crown Prince. Even though they were alone in a special room, that fact remained the same.

Even if the anger rose inside, she stretched her twitching cheeks from side to side and smiled, expressing her desire for leaving work in a positive expression.

Entering the main social life game, she brought back memories of the old world.

She judged herself to be good at talking. It was said that political power was at its highest level if they were good at talking. You could do it, Edith. Even if the night grasshoppers cry out of the window, you could go home now.

“That’s… why, I’m going home.”

“You would encounter some difficulties on a night journey. Why don’t you just take a break here?”

“… What?”

“Let’s see… I’m a little sorry to make you sleep on the couch. I tried to make room for Edith to rest, but the last three days were not enough.”

She didn’t need a place to rest. She wanted to go home.

“Your Highness.”

“Would you rather use my bed? I’ll sleep on the couch.”