(11) Contest Entry

So recently I joined an art contest hosted by pastelchromist ! The idea of the contest was to redesign a character design based on common character designs! We were allowed to change whatever we'd like about the design.

The original design from the host looked like this:

He was meant to embody the "generic red villain", and so I decided to go with that villain theme to keep

Now, since I wanted to design a character that could fit into my original universe and still keep a "villain" theme, I decided to go with something between a ghoul or a faerie.

That's how I ended up with this guy:

The main changes I made:-Firstly, I shifted the color pallet

-Firstly, I shifted the color pallet. I thought I should keep some red, since that was so prominent in the original design, so I made it an accent and focused on a "creepier" muted yellow and grey color pallet.
- I kept the horns, but like everything else, muted the colors. I also shifted them to be bigger and turned one the opposite direction.
-I didn't change his hair much, made it a bit scruffier but mostly just drew it my style, I thought his bangs were fun.
- he got some corpse colored skin, nice and grey-ish yellow, very sickly. Definitely made him "spookier".
-cheek bones! Because I just liked the way they looked!
-no eyes for this man! Just a corpse nose!
-he was smirking in the original, so a mouth of needle teeth and some big saber fangs were in order! Don't ask how I got there lol
- a little blood, of course. To add a little evil to him!
- shifted his original outfit to a slightly old fashioned (although I didn't reference any specific time period) shirt and some grey pants! Thought they fit the ghoul idea! And a pair of red shoes
-and then, since I felt like the design was missing something, I warped some sowing thread around around his design!

Oh! And I'm supposed to give him a little backstory!
So, while I haven't completely settled on the details, I imagine him a sort of immortal. Probably something that was born out of something dead, and now sneaks around cryptid style, stealing and tricking humans. Maybe with faerie or demon sorts of tricks, never outright lying but tricking with loopholes and stuff. I've already decided his contracts are in the form of embroidery though. Because that's just incredibly funny to me. I've decided to call him "The Embroiderer".

Hope you like it pastelchromist ! This was a wonderful challenge, I had a ton of fun with this contest! Thank you for letting me enter!

Materials:
-graphite pencil
-colored pencils

Characters:
The Embroiderer (he/him)