TEN ─ [ . : 。✿ ] basil

basil flowers once represented hate, but are now associated with
love and good wishes . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2018

(Y/N) woke up earlier than usual that morning. Though the sun had only just begun to rise in the sky, creating a gorgeous array of pinks, blues, and oranges, she couldn't fall back asleep for some reason. After a while, she started feeling pretty restless. (Y/N) got up, and walked sluggishly to her closet to pick out an outfit for the day. She didn't have work until 2 that afternoon, and with it not even being 7 a.m. yet, she didn't really see the point in getting dressed in attire better suited for work. Instead, she opted for something more casual──  an oversized striped sweater, and some little black shorts. Even with it being June, she found herself being chilly pretty often in the house. It seemed like her housemates overheated much easier than she did, and as a result, they kept the house colder than she was really used to. But (Y/N) had never really been one to complain, especially when she could just throw on a sweater to keep herself warm.

Taking a glance at herself in the mirror, she messed with her (H/L) hair a bit. She really wasn't too worried about looking presentable, at least not while she was still just at home.

But it didn't really matter either way, not to her roommates. Though she remained clueless about it, her housemates found her positively stunning no matter how much effort she put into her appearance at any given time. Whether she was in her best outfit and a full face of makeup, or lounging around in sweats, they thought she was the most beautiful person they'd ever laid eyes on.

But, of course, (Y/N) had no idea. How could she? Her roommates' feelings for her were still fairly easy to miss, even as they grew in intensity. And for all her ability to anticipate the needs of her loved ones, she never had been too aware when it came to others' romantic intentions.

(Y/N) walked leisurely downstairs. As she passed by each bedroom, she could see the doors were still shut. None of her roommates were particularly early risers, and this was pretty early for her too. So, as she walked down to the kitchen, she didn't immediately busy herself with preparing breakfast for the group. If they weren't likely to be up for another couple hours, there wasn't much point in letting the food get cold. Instead, she set to work giving the room a deep-clean.

None of the others were slobs, really, but (Y/N) tended to be more tidy. It wasn't that she enjoyed cleaning──  in fact, she hated many of the tasks associated with cleaning. But it was habit for her by this point.

Her mom was always busy, usually having two jobs at any given time, and not making a whole lot at either one of them. When she finally came home, she was usually exhausted. (Y/N) watched her mother consistently fail to take care of herself from a very young age, and by age 7, she was already doing her best to lighten that weight her mom always carried on her shoulders.