𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝔾𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕆𝕦𝕥 𝕆𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤

✦•┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯❁⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈•✦

✦•┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯❁⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈•✦

My eyes blink open at the sound of crying and the unbearable pain in my shoulder.

When my eyes open, I see medical equipment has been thrown all around the aid car making it look like it's been ransacked by a raccoon.

Aida is on my chest, crying, hopefully just because of the small cut on her forehead that's bleeding and not something more serious.

There's a ringing in my right ear as I push off the shoulder that doesn't hurt like a bitch and sit up slightly.

The high pitched ringing continues to ring as I shuffle myself against the wall behind me.

I rest the back of my head against the cold metal and bring the baby closer to my chest.

"Matt!" I yell at the top of my lungs and there's no response. "Matt!"

My voice sounds strained as I shout and my throat stings like I've swallowed glass.

Maybe I have.

Aida continues to wail against me, bringing me out of the loud ringing in my ear. I use the arm that doesn't hurt to bring her to my good shoulder as I manage to pull myself up.

My left arm is in agony and when I look down, I immediately can tell my shoulder is no longer in its socket.

Shit.

It's literally drooping and hanging down at a level nobody's shoulder should be.

"Matt?" I shout again, looking through the small window into the drivers side.

He's not there.

I begin to assess the windshield to see if he's been thrown from his chair but there's no large holes in the shattered glass that's somehow still in the same shape.

"Teo!" I shout but there's still no reply.

Aida continues to scream again against me and I look down at her.

"I've got you bambina, it's okay." I whisper to her.

The back doors to the aid car fly open and Matt rushes in, closing the door behind him.

His head is bleeding profusely and he's limping.

Overall, he looks like he's seen better days.

Then again, I'm sure I look like that too.

"What the fu-" I pause when I look down at the baby not wanting to swear.

Meh.

She won't understand yet anyway.

"What the fuck happened?" I ask.

"Power line fell, I've looked around we're down a ravine. I've checked to see if we can climb it but it's too steep and there's nothing to grab on to." He pants.