• Perfect Storm • | 16|

October

October

If you'd told me a few months ago that I'd be living with a billionaire, I would've laughed in your face and walked away.

But actually living it? It's nice, for once I feel useful. Not completely useless after all.

The fact that I could help him even if it was just for the rest of the night, it gave me a sense of hope in myself. In Lewis. In our relationship? Situationship? I don't exactly know what to call this whole thing.

I mean what we're doing is on legal contract files. What does that say about us? About what we're doing?

Is this about actual feelings or is it just for convenience?

•••

"So, how are you and Mr. Billionaire? Is the bed still rocky?" Quinn asks as she finishes up someone's order and wipes down the bar counter.

I ended up telling her everything that happened, you know the whole argument thing and avoiding. I mean it's not really my fault and all since she knew something was wrong and wouldn't stop asking. She literally yelled in front of everyone, 'WHO HAS YOUR PANTIES SOAKED LATELY?'.

When she said that I swear a piece of me died. Everyone who had ears heard her. You know when you're trying to be quiet and whisper, but then the whole room goes silent? It was that kind of situation.

"Fine." I say and put my head down to cover the blush creeping onto my face, wiping the counter as a distraction. "Okay, you're literally blushing so fucking hard right now."

She gasps dramatically for like 10 seconds with her hand on her chest. "Oh. My. God. Did you sleep with Lewis Montgomery?" My head shoots up and my eyes dart around us making sure no one heard her. I put my finger to my lips and shush her.

"No one is supposed to know about us." She rolls her eyes and smiles.

"No one is supposed to know, Yada Yada. So does this mean that's a yes?" I go back to wiping the counter with the same smile and blush on my face as before.

"Omg, you totally did. So, give me the details was he good? How big was it?" I gasp this time at her foul words that she says so calmly like it's a normal thing to go around and ask people.

I turn to her and jokingly point my finger at her. "I'm telling Chris."

She huffs.

"I'd probably tell him myself, love. This is a milestone in your life, this isn't something we can just shimmy past." As she finishes another customer comes up to the counter. He looks me up and down slowly before looking into my eyes. "Hello beautiful. Any chance I could get a drink?"

Quinn smirks at me before leaving to take a small group of girls' orders.

I turn my attention back to the man in front of me. "Of course, do you need a menu or do you know what you want already?" I respond politely as a standard of my job. "It's my first time here and I heard you guys make some pretty exotic drinks. So a menu would be nice." He has a sort of Southern accent. He gives me serious cowboy vibes, all he's missing is the hat and horse.