• Perfect Storm • | 43 |

December

December

"I'm coming with you."

I come to a complete stop at the words coming from my brother. He walks up beside me.

"If you're going to kill this bitch, I want to be there when you do it." he looks at me with a smile on his face.

The sudden offer was surprising because all J ever wanted was to get away from him. And the fact that he not only isn't trying to change my mind about this but is offering to help me.

For just a second all I see is the 18-year-old boy who got me out of an abusive household. Who always put me before himself. I know doing this will be a true weight lifted off both of our shoulders.

To finally be free from this man.

The sound of sirens and screaming fades back in and we both run into the woods. "Yiu go that way." I point in the opposite direction as I'm going.

I leave no tree unturned as the sun begins to set. "Where are you, asshole?" I whisper to myself.

I hear James' voice echo through the trees and I follow his voice. I come close enough to hear what the two of them were saying but not too close.

"You know, your little brother would have had a happy life if it weren't for you?" Keith says. He's trying to gaslight him.

"Hm? Everything that's happened is because of you. And if you kill your own father, how do think he'll look at you?" proudly.

James looks like his words are getting to him. His arm lowers and his gun goes with it. He looks deep in thought and Keith uses this time to attack.

Or tries to, I run up from behind him and kick him to the ground. "Ahh." his knife falls from his grip and I pick it up.

"Die you son of a bitch." I swing the knife and push it deep into me Keith's back. He screams in pain and I pull it out and repeat.

My mind clouds over and then I can't control my actions anymore. I bring the knife down to his back again and again and again. I don't even notice when his screams stop and his body goes limp.

His blood splashes onto my face. The only thing I feel is the overwhelming rage that I've felt for years, slipping away each time the knife slices through his skin.

I feel arms wrap around me and then I'm yanked off of his back.

"We got to go. Come on." I throw one more look at my father as I'm being pulled away from his lifeless body, and smile.

"Wait," I dig in my pocket and pull out a box of matches. I take half of them and give them to James. "Light this place up." he looks at me concerned but still, he takes the matches and goes to the other side of the building.

The picture of him putting his hands on Astoria is enough for my mind to cloud over with pure hatred.

I light one of the matches and then light the others with and throw the box inside. I feel every memory, every scar and bruise die with the flames as they reach the top of the building.

We're free.

-I know this chapter is short and so will the next 4 will be pretty short as well but they're kinda just filler chapters

-I know this chapter is short and so will the next 4 will be pretty short as well but they're kinda just filler chapters. Sorry ;)