CHAPTER 30: SCARS OF THE PAST

The infernal sky turns from pink to a bright red announcing that night is approaching.  M&M open the door of their house with the little hellhound, excited about their little adventure.

Millie, as expected, was listening to her husband talk about the musical, rather than the fight with the guards.  She smiles as she sees Moxxie's eyes light up as he shares his musical knowledge with Y/N.

Y/N: I loved that giant piano!!  It sounded VERY loud, but nice!

Moxxie: It is known as "Organ" my dear apprentice.  And it's true, it's a splendid musical instrument!  It's not for nothing that it's known as "The King of Instruments".

Y/N: WOAAAH! A KING?!

Millie giggles at the demons's enthusiasm, but stops when she remembers the pup's red dress must already be clean. 

Without interrupting the conversation between her husband and her apprentice, she goes to the laundry room without saying anything, leaving both demons alone.

Y/N: It must take a long time to learn to play that then if it's a KING!

Moxxie: UNDOUBTEDLY!  Playing such a complex and powerful instrument to perfection takes YEARS of practice.  That's why only a few can, especially in hell.

Y/N: Would you like to know how to play it?

The Imp smiles as he walks further into the house to sit on his couch and get comfortable. The little hellhound follows him and sits next to him.

Moxxie: Well yes.  But I don't have much time to learn to play it. 

Y/N: But you really like music!  It'd make you happier to learn to play something!

Moxxie: Of course, I learned to play the guitar in my youth, but I can't dedicate my life to it.

The little hellhound tilted her head in confusion as she saw the Imp avert his gaze with a serious expression.  It was as if that last sentence had been said by someone other than him.

She looks down thinking what to say.

Y/N: But you like guns, don't you?  And your job too?

Moxxie glances sideways at the pup and smiles.

Moxxie: Of course I love it!  Being a weapons specialist is very interesting!  And each weapon has something different that can be very useful on each occasion.

Y/N: Is that why you like working with my dad?

The Imp would've automatically answered no, working with Blitzø isn't something he loved as his boss always found a way to screw with him. 

But if he'd say the truth, maybe that little hellhound would let her father know and it'd only be worse for him.

He, sweating, clears his throat and tries to sound as polite as possible.

Moxxie: I like the job Blitzø runs.

Y/N smiles and wags her tail, she looks around the house scratching her ear and thinking about something else.

Y/N: The Phantom of the Opera reminds me of my dad.

Moxxie gets up from the couch abruptly.

Moxxie: Oh no!  Don't ruin the character for me.

The Imp's stomach turned over as he realized how he reacted to this right after he'd tried not to misjudge his boss in front of his youngest daughter.  But the little hellhound didn't seem to notice her reaction.