Chapter Twelve

*Slight mature scene. Reader is warned*

FINNICK AND ANNIE'S WEDDING WAS THE LAST THING ON WREN'S MIND WHEN SHE AND CATO SPRINTED FOR ALMA COIN'S OFFICE THE NEXT MORNING. Tomorrow was the day District Thirteen planned to infiltrate the Capitol. The couple was out of breath by the time they reached Thirteen's leader's office. If Alma hadn't known better she'd think the couple had fun beforehand. "Can I help you two?"

"We have a message to send to Panem," Cato said and looked at his wife. Alma leaned forward clearly interested.

"Snow's daughter was killed in the 53rd Games. She sent a message on the broadcast before she was killed. Snow made sure to erase her existence," Wren explained. The couple sat down in the two chairs before the older woman. "If Cato and I can get into the Capitol's records and find that tape while the war is going on we can show Panem who Snow truly is."

Alma rubbed her chin. She admitted that it was a good idea but the steps to execution would be difficult. "How would we access the records?"

"If we can get Beetee into the Capitol's security system from their headquarters he can do it," Wren told her. "We just need to use the war,— the Mockingjay as a distraction."

"Okay, so let's say that we get in; how would we broadcast it?" The President asked.

"I can do it," Beetee wheeled into the office. "Trust me."

Alma placed her palms on the desk. "Okay, mission 53 is in place. Plan to take off tomorrow during mission Mockingjay," she said; "Oh, and Wren, you better be right."

Wren felt a shiver run down her spine and she, Cato, and Beetee exited the office. She looked at Beetee with semi-wide eyes.

"I can do it," he reassured her, "I know their system like the back of my hand."

Cato sighed, "I hope you do." Beetee grinned and rolled away from the couple. Cato looked back at his wife. "You hungry?"

"It's past breakfast," Wren grumbled. "They've still got some in the back, come on," he grabbed her hand, "let's grab your brother too."

The couple headed for the room Wren's brother and mother stayed in. When they arrived they found William and Prim talking inside.

"You're a little young for me," she heard Prim say.

"It's two years," William said, "there's a war going on we'd never have any other chance to be together."

"I'm sorry but I can't," Prim said, "I have patients."

Wren grabbed Cato's hand and they rushed around the corner so they weren't caught. Wren's cheeks blazed pink in embarrassment for her little brother. "Let's give him some space," she suggested to her husband.

Cato nodded and they headed for the kitchens.

The kitchens were dark, so Cato struggled to find the light. Once the lights were on the couple searched for anything. Cato saw his wife grin as she held up a small tub of ice cream. He remembered when she first tried it when they arrived in Thirteen; how her face lit up. He watched as she grabbed two spoons and they sat on the tile floor under the harsh lights.

The two shared a decent amount of ice cream, savoring every last bite. Cato looked at Wren, "Do you think Beetee can actually do it?"

She nodded, "I do. We have to."

...

Wren's heart beat quickly as they went over the plan for tomorrow. She almost couldn't hear them over the beat. Her eyes remained forward as Alma Coin moved the screen. She pointed to several different key points of the plan and Wren couldn't pay attention. She felt herself fall further into her own thoughts of the war. Would she make it out alive? Would Cato?