Chapter 7

By the time we got ready and had breakfast, mom and the others had arrived

By the time we got ready and had breakfast, mom and the others had arrived. All the children ran to their parents and the wives to their husbands. 

It was then I realized how lonely I was, but thinking I might have a daughter made me feel happy and complete. 

Mason and Matteo ran toward me yelling "Uncle Aless!" I scooped them into my arms and sat them in my lap. 

"Hey, buddy. How was the trip?" I asked. "It was so good.  We went to Disneyland too." Mason said bouncing excitedly on my lap.

"Did something happen? You all look tense." Mom asked worriedly seeing all our faces.

 "Don't worry liana. Nothing important. But we have to go out for some time. I will call you and I want all of you at home." Dad said hugging mom and smiling at her. 

"But are you all seriously alright?" She asked relaxed than before. "Yes, mom. We are alright. But I think we need to go now. It's time." I stood and gave Mason and Matteo to May. 

Dad and my brothers followed suit and I kissed mom's cheek and got into my car. The others got into the cars with Gavino, Gio, and me driving.

Dad got into the car with me, Enzo got into Gavino's car and Ethan got into Gio's car. 

Gio and Gavino stopped their cars by my side and rolled their window. I followed suit and said, "We need to go to the base, collect the results and then go to the company." 

They made an OK gesture and drove their cars through the driveway. I followed them

"How do you feel about all that happened this morning?" Dad asked.

 "I don't know, dad. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I was a ball of emotions after I recognized her. I was happy that I have a daughter, sad that I was not there for her, and if she might not be my daughter, angry at that bitch Viviana and I want to kill the bastards who caused her pain." I rambled. 

Dad was shocked that I spoke all about my emotions because he knows I don't tell anyone about how I feel but after a minute he nodded and said "Understandable. Even I was surprised to see her and I can tell that she is your daughter for sure. She did not even flinch when all of us pulled our guns at her and she even talked to you without backing down. That really was a sight to see. She sure has the De'Luca blood in her with the power and authority she holds and attention she gets." He laughed while saying that.

I nodded and said " Even though she was strong there was some pain in her eyes. I wanted to know what made her the way she is now." 

Dad nodded and said, "Yeah and we will have to be ready when she tells us."

We stayed silent after the conversation until we reached the base. Gio, Gavino, Ethan, and Enzo were standing in their cars. 

We stepped down and all of us made our way to the clinic we got some bowing and some others saying "Capo".

The doctor was ready with reports by the time we got there. "Good morning, Capo. Do you want to see the results now, Capo?" He asked

"No. I just need the reports." He nodded and handed me the reports. I thanked him and gave orders to the guards and went to my car. 

Dad and the others were already there by the time I completed giving the orders. "Shall we go?" I asked.

They nodded and got into their cars and started driving. I was feeling excited and waiting eagerly to read the results. 

All I wanted to was rip the reports open as soon as the doctor gave them to me. But I wanted to open it in front of her. 

In no time, we were at the LYSS company headquarters and parked our cars. We were walking with me at the front dad and Enzo beside me and the others behind us.

The security guards noted us and spoke into his earpiece. We walked through the front doors of the company. All the staff was moving busily and some spotted us and watched. Others were busy with their work. 

The receptionist who was a 40-year-old lady saw us and greeted us respectfully "Welcome Mr. De' Luca. My name is Lucia. Ms. Alessia informed us of your arrival. I will lead you to her." 

I thanked her and nodded my head and we walked to the elevators and crossed all of them and stood before the last elevator. She took a card from her pocket and pressed the card on the scanner. The elevator doors opened and she stepped aside to let us enter and entered after us as well. 

She opened a box and scanned her finger and pressed the top floor. Dad asked, "How long have you worked here Ms. Lucia?" "4 years, Mr.De' Luca." she answered. 

"Do you know Alessia?" I asked. "Yes, Mr. De'Luca. I have known her for almost 5 years. She was the one who saved me and my children from an abusive marriage. She is a very good girl who always cares for others but does not know how to take care of herself. Many people who work here are saved by her and are very grateful for her. But she is always lonely, working overtime, not eating, and sleeping. I or one of her assistants has to force her to eat or sleep forcefully even if it's for a few hours. But now I think she might not be as lonely as before having a family of her own."

We all felt happy and proud of her just as sad and worried for her. The fact that she was lonely and working without sleeping and eating worried me.

I have known this girl only for a few hours but I wanted to know everything about her and kill the people who harmed her and give her the love of a father and be there for her and those thoughts frustrated me.

The elevator dinged "Here is your floor. Ms. Alessia's assistant for you." We nodded at her and exited the lift. "Mr. De' Luca" We all turned towards the lift and Lucia said "That girl is one best person but she is just as stubborn and has her walls built so high. So, I suggest you be patient with her and be there for her. Thank you. It was nice meeting all of you and have a great day." with that the elevator closed.

We all turned to look at each other and I know we had the same thought.

We are going to be there for her all the time but we might have a long way to go.

________________________________________________________________________________Hi, readers. Sorry for the long wait for the update.

I will be updating soon again. And this chapter is longer than all other chapters. 

It is a gift for all my readers for my birthday. 

Thank you all for supporting me and have a great day

~