15

❝ 𝑨 𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏.❞

"Shyan," Zoya called him suddenly as a thought disturbed her

Taking his eyes off the window, he answered, "Yes, Noor?"

"What's love to you?"

Listening to his wife's abrupt question, wrinkles formed between his brows.

Noticing his confusion, Zoya explained, "See, according to Rahul in K2H2, Pyaar dosti hai (Love is friendship) which of course I don't believe. I kind of want to know what is love according to you." When she realized he didn't blink for even a second, she bit her lips feeling foolish, "You see, you are a poet. I thought you'd have words wiser than that stupid Rahul. I don' make any sense, right? Just forget I even asked such ques-"

"Pyaar dosti nahi hai (Love is not friendship). Pyaar khudgarzi hai jo apne mehbooba ko kisi aur ke hote hue nahi dekhne dete, itna khudgarz banate hai ki us keliye poora duniya ko tabah karne ka aag dil mein paida ho jata hai. (Love is the selfishness which doesn't let you witness your lover being someone else's, it makes you selfish to the extent that a fire to destroy the world gets born in your heart.)" He closed his eyes as his lover's innocent face flashed in his mind, the way those brown orbs fluttered open around his presence did something to his heart.

He smiled, "Insan lalach ho jata hai ki wo apne mehbooba ko kisi pinjre mein band rakhne ke bhi soche taaki koi aur us khubsoorati se pagal na ho jaye (a person gets greedy to the extent where he begins to think of locking his lover in a cage so he could save her beauty from the hungry eyes.)" Recalling her betrayal, his tone changed into a harsh one, "Phir bewafai ki baari hai. Jab ishq mein pagal Ashiqui ko bewafai milte hai tab wo uske andar ke aag ka istimal karte hai aur us bewafa ke tabahi mein uske sath tabah hone ka khudga- (Then, it is the turn of betrayal. When a mad lover gets betrayed, he uses the fire of love which has the power to destroy the lover and he gets himself destroyed in it)"

"Bas! Kahan ki bat ko kaha le ja rahe ho? ( Stop! Why are you dragging such a small thing like this?) You are wording it like some supernatural thing! In your shayaris, you wrote love is all about sacrifices and selflessness and here you're saying, it is all about greed!" Zoya complained. He was sounding like psychopath! Scared from his words, she requested, "Mujhe aisa pyaar kabhi mat karna (Don't ever love me that way). If you love me like what you said, my life would be no less than a Hell and I'd never fall for you, I can guarantee."

Shyan blinked, watching Aiman's face morphing into someone else's as he listened to her words. He frowned at the strange face staring at him before sighing, Oh, he married this woman!

"Why shouldn't I? You're my Noor and now, my wife also. I've every right on you. In fact, only I have right on you and don't you dare to deny it because you know it is true. Don't fear, I won't impose my rights on you but I'd never let you forget it either." As his wife opened her mouth to argue, he pinched on her cheek, gently, "Noor, even you've rights on me. I'm all yours!"