Eight

"Listen, I'll be back. Just give me two- no! One minute!" Sidney attempted to negotiate with the doctor, who refused to let her move, sticking needles in her arm.

Sidney watched as Katniss ran into the room, searching around frantically. She first saw Sidney, her eyes widening in horror at the sight of how much she had changed. Sidney sighed. "Y'know, all things considered I think I look pretty good." She shrugged. But Sidney's snarkiness dissolved and turned into pure joy when the bronze-haired man ran in the door.

His head turned as his eyes darted around the room, searching for Sidney. When he finally laid his eyes on her, exhilaration and excitement washed over him all at once. "Sid!" Finnick yelled, breaking into a sprint as he pushed past multiple doctors.

"Finnick!" Sidney yelled back, taking the needles out of her arm, much to the dismay of the doctors around her. She hopped off of the medical bed and used all of her strength to run to him, jumping into his arms and burying her head onto his shoulder.

It was as if time stopped and began for the first time. Finnick held onto her tight, both of them unable to hold in their tears of joy. Finnick stumbled backwards into the wall, hitting it with his back. But he didn't care.

A week ago, Sidney believed this moment to be only in her daydreams and her imagination. But it was here. She was saved from the Capitol. She was free. She was home.

Sidney had to spend the night in the medical wing of District Thirteen. She was supposed to stay longer, but she had negotiated the doctors into making her stay only one night.

The negotiation between Sidney and the doctors was that she would stay hooked up to the nutrients machine all night as long as she didn't have to stay in that place another day.

They agreed, but told her she had to be careful and couldn't do too much physical activity yet until she had gotten some meat back on her bones, which she took as to binge eat so she could go back to working out and being 'shredded' again.

Sidney had heard what happened to Peeta. She knew the Capitol was messing with their heads, but she never thought they could change Peeta completely. She knew they did that to Peeta simply to get back at Katniss. She also knew that if Finnick had threatened the Capitol as much as she had, Sidney would've probably met a very similar fate as Peeta.

"Hey, Finnick," Sidney whispered as she poked his cheek from where he was sitting next to her hospital bed. "Finny boy." She laughed.

To get her to sleep, the doctors put Sidney on a medicine that made her very drowsy. But the problem with Sidney is that she gets very goofy and acts downright drunk when she's tired.

Finnick's tired eyes opened, looking at Sidney's grinning face in front of him. Finnick was unable to keep the smile off of his face as he stared at her.

"Do you need something?" Finnick smirked. She shook her head. "Do you want something?" She nodded. "What do you want?"

"Finnick, sweet Finnick." Finnick just blinked as Sidney grabbed him by the jaw, squeezing his cheeks. "Oh my God, look at that sweet face." His head shook in shock a bit when she lightly slapped him on the cheek. "You gotta relax. I'm just bored. How's Annie? When are you two getting married? Because if you two did while I wasn't there, I'll shove that scalpel in your shin."

Finnick's eyes widened not at her threat but at the sudden question. "Married?" He laughed a bit. "Where'd that question come from?"

"You know, they say one drunk woman's thoughts is a sober woman's speech . . . or something along the lines of that." Sidney said with a grin, Finnick laughed at how badly she fumbled the saying. "Seriously though, are you two getting married?"

"Maybe," Finnick shrugged after a bit of thinking.

"Well, if you did, that'd so restore my view on the world." Sidney said honestly. "I've only been to one wedding in my life." Sidney began to explain a long story and go on a ramble.

Finnick had definitely heard the story before and he knew every word she was gonna say before she could say it, yet he still eagerly listened with a bright smile.