Chapter Sixteen

I convince Hayden to come back to Prof. Wilson's class on Monday morning. Even though he's dropped the course, I want him to come for some illogical reason. I feel guilty he's not in the class anymore. He says it's not a big deal, since he doesn't need the credit to graduate. I know he dropped it after I told him I don't want to be friends. I find it ironic now that I'm asking him to attend.

Josh knows to not pick me up at my dorm since I'm no longer living there, but it's just occurred to me that he doesn't know exactly where I am. All I told him is that I'm staying with "someone I met in class." Which is true. It just so happens that this classmate is the one who practically assaulted him in a restaurant. I text him a reminder quickly. He responds back immediately, wishing me a good day. I say the same back, adding a happy face and an I love you. The device doesn't light up with a reply before I shove it back into my bag.

When I tell Hayden that we should walk to class, he rolls his eyes and asks me why, especially when he has a perfectly good car. I don't argue with him. If he's coming with me, then the least I can do is not make him walk.

"Here, okay?" Hayden asks. He's standing behind the two seats we sat in when we met.

"Yeah, perfect." I place my jacket around the back of my chair and watch Hayden do the same.

Underneath his black wind breaker is a simple black long sleeve t-shirt. It's so basic but it looks so good on him.

I dutifully take notes on the midterm details Prof. Wilson provides but am distracted the rest of the lecture.

"Sienna, Sienna," Hayden whispers. He's so close to me I can feel his breath tickle my ear. Tingles start at the back of my head and run down my spine.

"What? I'm trying to concentrate," I scold. It's not very effective; I can't keep the smile off my face.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." Hayden rests his head on my shoulder and watches my Word document as I type. It makes me nervous.

"Wow, you're a fast typer," he compliments.

I giggle. "Thanks."

"Let me help you out," he says. I look at him and he takes my momentary pause as an opportunity to run both his hands across my keyboard. Random letters fill the next two rows of my notes.

"Oh my God, Hayden!" I say a little too loudly. "Why did you do that?"

The students around us turn and give us dirty looks. A girl with glasses and braids puts her index finger to her lips.

"I know," Hayden nods at her. "Do you believe this girl? She's so rude."

I purse my lips and give Hayden a quick punch to the knee. He pretends to shrivel in pain and folds over the desk as though he's been seriously wounded. Why did I ask him to come again?

A few minutes of silence pass and Hayden has seemed to find a way to entertain himself; people watching.

"Sienna," he says suddenly. He sounds oddly serious.

"Yeah?"

"I...I have something important to ask you." Hayden looks nervous.

I quickly hit save and give him my full attention. "What?"

"Do you," he swallows. "Do you think that girl has butt implants?"

I nearly choke on air as I look to where a curvy girl has gotten up to throw something out.

"I swear Hayden, you're so immature," I giggle.

"Hey, it's a legitimate question! That thing defies gravity!"

Still BeatingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara