𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

LOVE KILLS

WAR WAS HERE and the preparation for battle was an everyday mission as the Vikings made sure to summon every ally they could. Kattegat was full of warriors and fighters, all ready to help Lagertha win a war against Ivar; the beloved son of her beloved Ragnar.

And with that came Torvi's daily routine with Sophie; as the two resumed their old training. Of course, Sophie had lost most of the skills that were left unpracticed for nearly four years, but Torvi was patient with the Anglo-Saxon girl. The two bonded, and that bonding seemed to help Torvi through the hard times she was going through, which made Sophie realize that she was the only friend that Viking woman had, so she tried her best to be a good listener.

For Torvi, it didn't matter if Björn slept with other women. He can do whatever he wanted as long as he kept loving and caring for their children. But Sophie could tell that Torvi was just saying that for show. The woman was hurting every time she saw her husband engaging with that Sami Princess.

After Sophie's last awkward encounter with Björn, nothing much happened except for the weird occasional glances that he kept giving her every time he saw her. And she wasn't sure what to do with any of that.

The day for battle finally came as the horns of Kattegat blared in farewell for its warriors who departed in large numbers. The plan was to meet Ivar's forces in a field of their choice, hoping to have full control.

Torvi's eldest son was destined to witness the battle for the first time, while the two younger ones were entrusted to Sophie and Margrethe's care. As days passed, Margrethe's mental state deteriorated, leaving Sophie to manage on her own, tending to the children and dealing with the troubled young woman.

One day, as she was feeding Asa, she noticed Hali by the riverside. He was observing Margarethe emerging from the water, carrying a log. "This one is dead," she informed him. "Soon they will all be dead."

Sophie dreaded the possibility. Could that troubled young woman be glimpsing the future?

The battle, lasting five days and four nights, concluded with a tragic outcome. Torvi's son fell victim to his uncle Hvitserk, who betrayed his brothers to side with Ivar. Rollo also allied with Ivar, contributing a significant portion of his forces.