𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

A ROYAL WEDDING

THE ROYAL WEDDING was set to transpire at the break of the third morn, and Sophie strolled casually through the yard

THE ROYAL WEDDING was set to transpire at the break of the third morn, and Sophie strolled casually through the yard. To her surprise, she discovered Bjorn waiting for her in the stables. The air was filled with a sense of anticipation as their eyes met.

"Bjorn?" Sophie whispered, her eyes scanning the area behind her as if searching for someone. However, she found herself alone in the quiet surroundings.

His voice tinged with annoyance, Bjorn replied from the shadows of the stables, "Looking for someone else, Princess?"

Her eyes met Bjorn again as he leaned against a wooden post, his arms crossed over his chest. "What are you doing?" she asked, a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

"What am I doing?" Bjorn scoffed, his annoyance evident. "I could ask you the same question. Marrying my brother instead of me?"

"Instead of you?" Sophie inquired, a trace of irritation in her voice. "Did it ever cross your mind to make your intentions clear before springing a proposal on me, catching me off guard?"

Bjorn's expression remained stern. "Is it really just about politics, Sophie?"

"Yes, don't you want peace, Bjorn?" Sophie responded.

Bjorn stepped closer, his gaze intense. "Peace, yes, but at what cost, Sophie? Marrying Ubbe, betraying what we could have had together?"

Sophie sighed, torn by emotions. "What could we have had, Bjorn? You're married to Torvi, and I know things have changed between you two, but I'm struggling to grasp what you're asking for."

Bjorn closed the distance between them, his presence so near that Sophie could feel the warmth of his breath against her face.

Sophie took a step back, creating a bit of space between them. "We never had anything, Bjorn," she said. "Your interactions were limited to merely a few glances, and you barely spoke to me."

She pressed on. "And we both know that you wouldn't have agreed to convert."

"That's not true," Bjorn argued, closing the distance and attempting to steal a kiss from Sophie's lips. However, Sophie pushed him away, clearly annoyed.