Chapter forty-five

Charlie came to pick me up for prom. Athena had left earlier. She had to be there an hour and a half before the prom started. She chose to wear a simple black cocktail dress and her vans. She had let her hair down and styled them to their natural waves. She looked adorable, and she could easily blend in with the students.

I waited until she was gone to get ready. I wore my suit with a white t-shirt instead of a shirt. I wore my white vans with it and styled my hair. I chose to make a kind of sleek back look. I looked hot.

Charlie would be going with Jane, but they are dragging me along. When it was time to go, Charlie rang the doorbell.

She was wearing a light blue suit with a white crop top.

"Dude, you look great."

"Thanks. You look amazing, too, but you are missing something." She winked.

"What?" She put some glitter on the side of my eyes and cheeks.

"Now it's perfect." She smiled.

"Thanks."

"Lets go, Jane is waiting for us in the car." We walked out and I got in the back seat.

"Hey Alex."

"Hi" Charlie drove us to school. When we got there she parked and got to Jane's side and opened the door for her and me.

She pulled Jane, kissed her and turned to leave.

"What, no kiss for me?" I joked. She leaned closer. "Ew no." I pushed her away and Jane chuckled.

"You asked for it."

We walked in and Jane and Charlie had their picture taken.

As we entered the gym, I looked around. It was so beautifully decorated, it looked nothing like the way it did on homecoming or at other proms, I had seen photos of.

Charlie and Jane went to dance and I walked around, searching for Athena. They told me to go with them, but I didn't want to ruin their moment. I spotted Mrs. Miller and her wife. They were discreetly holding hands. We locked eyes and they both smiled at me.

"Hello Mrs. and Mrs. Miller." I said walking up to them.

"Hello Alex."

"Hey" Her wife also said. "Are you enjoying prom?"

"It's okay." I shrugged.

"You are here on your own?"

"I came with Charlie, but she has a date so... yes, kind of."

"Sucks, doesn't it?" I nodded. "Try to enjoy it as much as possible, you only get one prom."

"I will." I smiled at them and walked away. They were a cute couple.

I walked around and bumped into Jason.

"Sorry." He said. "Oh, Alex, it's you."

"Yeah." I shrugged. He hasn't bothered me since the day I threatened to out him.

"Are you here on your own?"

"I came with Charlie, but she has a date, so yes. You?"

"Me too." He looked down. "Listen I... I'm truly sorry for everything I did to you."

"You punched me and humiliated in front of the school." I raised my voice.

"I know, I... I shouldn't have done it, it was awful of me. I just..." He sighed. "My dad keeps telling me that I should be more manly and do manly things, he's forcing me to be on the football team and when he found out about the girlfriend incident he made fun of me."