Honesty

LORENZO'S POV
~_______~_______~

I honestly was a little hurt when Verity expressed she didn't want to hang out with me. I don't blame her, though. She didn't even know we existed until a few days ago- and it's almost like we dragged her here. The other night, she seemed so chatty, but now she hasn't said a single word. I tried to listen to her talking to someday on the phone but I couldn't hear shit because of how quiet her voice is.

I hope she gets comfortable around me, at some point. She was in a tough spot right now. Her adoptive father just committed suicide and she had to move to Italy, away from her friends and everything she's ever known. If I was her, I'd be mad at the universe. So mad.

I walked into my shared bedroom with Leonardo, who had his nose buried in a book. He was no doubt a bookworm and a nerd. But he was my twin brother. So I couldn't make fun of him, or at least not in a serious matter.

Leonardo was always quiet- he just didn't like talking. But he was a happy person, he just acted like a robot sometimes because he doesn't know how to express his emotions properly.

The person I've always been concerned about is Valentino. When our sister was killed, apparently, he was broken. They were twins, best friends. Attached by the hip. He blamed himself for her death. As we grew older, he grew more distant. One day, he came home hurt and sobbing his eyes out. He was 12. To this day, nobody knows what happened to him, but he had a deep cut along his eye. One that left a scar. He still had it. He never told anybody, no matter what we did. We tried finding out, looking at CCTV, torturing and killing people, but nothing showed up. Whatever happened was a mystery to us all. 

I have to say, I was shocked to see him at lunch today. He never comes out of his room. He didn't even come to meet Verity. Everybody tried to hide their shock but didn't do a very good job, they kept gaping at him like idiots.

I sighed and felt like I needed to say something to Verity. Just an apology , for never being there. I was a shitty older brother, I never even tried to see if she was actually dead or if she was alive. Never looked her up. I got up from my bed and left the room, telling a unbothered Leonardo that I'd  be back in a minute.

I walked up to Verity's room, where the door was slightly cracked open. I gently pushed it and what I saw almost had me in a heart attack.

Valentino and Verity were lying on the bed- cuddling? Valentino had his arms protectively around her, and Verity's head was buried in his chest. They were both fast asleep, their breathing steadied. Valentino always hated physical touch, it was something that disgusted him. He never liked it. And I had a feeling Verity wasn't too fond of it either.

I whipped my phone out and took a shit ton of photos, at different angles. I then put a blanket over them, turned off the light, and gently closed the door. Although, as soon as the door closed, I squealed in excitement and sent the photos to the family group chat.

Fam Bam 💥

#1 Dad: Oh my god I need to see this in person, I swear to god you edited that Lorenzo.

Spawnpoint🤰: MY BABIES ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!!❤️❤️

Grumpy Floor Mat: Can you guys shut up pretty please with a cherry on top?

Grumpy Floor Mat: And Lorenzo, you edited that. There's no way.

Lorenzo: come see for yourself, dumbasses

Lorenzo: sorry dad, I meant dumb butts.

-

Immediately, there was a stampede of footsteps. The entire family was peeking through the door at Verity and Valentino. I chuckled, smiling at the sight. My little brother and sister.

Everybody took photos from every angle they could get, and Matteo just walked away. He's been mad for some reason, ever since Verity came.

I mean, he's always been a grumpy bitch, but he's been extra bitchy lately. It's like he doesn't want our little bambina with us. (Baby).

I hope he warms up to her, because I want everybody to love our baby sister. I missed her so much, the thought of somebody hating her was nearly impossible.
__________________________________
Word Count: 713

Cute chapter ngl. But you know what they say, nothing lasts forever

Please vote and comment. :)<3